Travelaer is looking to revolutionize travel applications by developing world class web and mobile applications.
At Travelaer, we're energetic and passionate about what we do. Because of our continued expansion, we seek qualified candidates who share our vision, values and commitment to developing superior customer experience solutions.
Travelaer seeks several backend Java Developers to join our team in Barcelona, Spain or Nice, France.
Participate on a team to develop digital software products for the travel industry, including booking engines for airlines and conversational interface products
Develop mission critical solutions that run 24/7
Analyze, design and develop complex applications
Develop an understanding of Travelaer’s business model and requirements
- Passionate about software productivity and quality
Great work and quality of life balance
Generous bonus program
No bureaucracy, flat management structure.
Opportunity to travel to Nice, France office to meet with team at headquartres
Opportunity to travel to meet with airlines and other travel industry clients
- Degree in CS or related field or equivalent experience
- Fluency in English
- Travel application development experience: working on Booking engines or related travel systems is preferred
- 2-4 years of professional development experience
Strong knowledge of Java
Good knowledge of relational databases
Knowledge of the Spring framework (DI, AOP, Caching, Transactions)
Knowledge of persistence frameworks (Hibernate, JPA, other), web services (REST / SOAP), Maven, Docker
- Experience developing web applications for a variety of media including mobile
- Understanding of UI design and standards.
- Strong multitasking and time management skills
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent interpersonal & communications skills required
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude & leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities a must
- Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure environment
- Passion for the travel industry