Our goal is to replace the physical key and to revolutionize key management. Our smart access-as-a-service solution KIWI allows users to unlock doors completely hands-free with our identity token KIWI Ki or by using our KIWI App. Our customers from the real estate industry use the KIWI Portal to simplify key management. And service providers like Deutsche Post and waste management companies open the doors of apartment buildings with KIWI. More than 47.000 households in 15 cities are already connected to the KIWI Infrastructure.
You will be part of the Engineering team, with tasks related to new product development, prototyping, and the ongoing development and maintenance of our backend systems. Our development process is agile, with two-week sprints and daily standups. You will be working with all aspects of the company and creating new and useful functionality in regards to our testing, optimization, continuous integration, and on deployment processes. Our backend consists of many microservices, and a RESTful API. We use Python 2 and 3 (Flask, Django, Kombu, Twisted), PostgreSQL, AMQP and Redis amongst others.
- Relevant degree or equivalent computer science fundamentals
- Experience working in a team environment
- Cross-functional communications skills (full professional proficiency in English)
- Strong knowledge of Python and its ecosystem
- Competence with Databases and SQL, particularly PLPGSQL
- A high degree of autonomy, challenging tasks, and the ability to impact the company every day
- An inspiring work environment based on team spirit, fun and passion for our product
- Employee stock ownership plan
- German classes for non-native speakers
- Weekly team breakfast and lunch as well as unlimited coffee and other drinks
- A friendly and international team in an office in Berlin Mitte
Join our talented team and be a part of the KIWI story! We are looking forward to receive your application. Please apply here. Your contact person is Charlotte.