We're looking for a talented Backend PHP Developer to join our Barcelona team. With you on board, we’re looking to expand our team and take our projects to a new level. You don't need to master all of the technologies we currently use, but must be passionate about web development and have an understanding of the code and overall architecture of a high traffic website.
- Developing systems that will interact in real-time with millions of daily users.
- End-to-end responsibility from technical design to deployment and testing.
- Working hand-in-hand with an awesome team of developers and its Product Owner in an Agile environment!
- Have fun and enjoy your job!
Required Tech Skills & Experience
- Design and coding experience in Modern PHP development, preferably using Symfony3.
- Experience and clear concepts about caching strategies
- Experience in Control Version Systems is a must, Git is what we love here.
- Strong experience with data structures and data model design skills.
- Strong knowledge of software design patterns
- Strong knowledge of testing techniques.
- Comfort learning new tools, techniques, languages, and technologies and self-motivation skills
- Ability to think beyond code to architecture and user experience
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with your teammates. We love to contribute creative and innovative ideas!
- A mentality to continuously improve the products and projects you work on.
- Good English level (the first interview and all our meetings are in English).
Preferred skills & abilities (bonus round!)
- Understanding of Agile principles (Preferably SCRUM framework) and tools like Continuous Integration, automation
- Experience with ReactJS, or similar modern frontend JS libraries.
- Experience with virtualization systems like Docker, Vagrant.
- Experience with UI/UX development.
- Basic Systems Administration.
- Experience with high traffic websites.
- Experience in open source technologies with broad skills in technologies such as Redis, CloudFlare, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, Docker, etc.
- Be comfortable with GitHub, Jenkins, JIRA
- Be comfortable touching HTML, CSS and other front end technologies
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, …)Experience with CDNs
We're looking for a real team player- you love team work and finding solutions together. But it's not all about work - we hope your sense of humour will bring a new dynamic to the team, so let's have some fun while we work!