As an experienced Mid-level Backend Developer you will be responsible for designing new features and enhancing the existing infrastructure as well as developing new modules for our platform, self-managing the projects entrusted to you. The ideal candidate must have solid experience in developing backend processes using Node.js and C++. Must be able to work in a varied, fast paced environment, handling the entire software development life cycle, end to end.
The Backend Developer’s main responsibility is to design (at a functional level) and develop new modules as well as maintaining and enhancing existing ones, optimizing functions and all internal systems related to our technical essential business, in order to turn requirements into working software delivering high quality solutions.
- Work with product owners to understand business requirements – then turn these requirements into working software
- Deliver the best solution with goal-oriented paradigm
- Tackle unfamiliar problems, and take the time to discover “best practice”
- Contribute creative and innovative ideas to the business and your team-mates
- Be able to ensure quality and error checking is a priority.
- Experience developing Backend processes, using Node.js and C++
- High proficiency with management of threads, sockets, UDP and TCP protocols, Restful web services, memory leaks.
- Familiarity with high volume data requests, high availability software architectures
- Solid expertise in Linux, specifically management of threads, sockets, TCP/IP, HTTP requests, memory leaks
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams.
- Software development techniques such as TDD, BDD and well-known software metrics (code coverage, computational complexity, callgraph)
- Experience in infrastructure such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes and/or LXC
- Candidate must be willing to teach and to learn
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE
- University degree in computer science, digital media, software engineering or similarMinimum 3 year experience
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized. Creative with strong communications skills.
- Problem-solver: Drive for results and continuous improvement Excellent analytical skill.
- Methodological thinking, able to structure and organize tasks.
- Spanish (Professional level)
- English (Professional level as most internal communication is in English).
- Any other European language would be a plus
This is a tremendous opportunity to join an exciting environment and be part of a fast-growing and ambitious company.
There are opportunities for international career progression within the organization.
Attractive salary .
A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don’t like the people you work with.