We are looking for a backend developer that believes in what the SkinVision technology can mean for millions of people around the world to join our team and bring our platform to the next level.
In this position, you’ll be the king ping in transitioning our Ruby-on-Rails based systems to a modern, micro-services based approach (preferably written in Java). You will work closely with the technical team to establish and maintain a solid and high-quality platform, development and deployment processes while at the same time being smart about the solutions we adopt. In Digital Health, it is key that the deployment is done traceable, automatically and transparently. You pay extra attention to gaining insight in how the system performs and why.
What we are looking for:
* You love the challenge of bringing our platform to the next level. We're transitioning from Rails to JVM-based microservices on Kubernetes.
* You are able to make the translation between business and technical fields.
* You have solid Java (JVM-based languages) experience and know manage dependencies with Maven.
* You have experience with (REST) API design and know the do’s and the don’ts.
* Amazon AWS: experience with deploying/running systems on AWS. You understand the infrastructure needs to deploy a system robustly and in a highly available way.
* DevOps experience with a focus on quality is a definite plus – at the very least you have experience with automated deployments, automated testing and Continuous Integration (CI) systems such as Jenkins, Pipelines or the like.
* Experience with static analysis tools such as PMD, FindBugs, SonarQube etc. is a plus.
* Solid experience with scrum / agile estimation – you know how to manage your work effectively/predictably and to work with a team.
* You understand how you can use data to improve not only the function of the platform, but also how to make it operate even better. SQL and performance optimization is a plus.
This position is for the Amsterdam office - we unfortunately cannot accommodate remote contributors at this moment.