mytaxi encourages a strong team spirit and simple company culture. Our teams organise themselves in established agile working environments. People at mytaxi work flexibly and independently. Every single employee is a part of our success story and so, open communication and a fair feedback culture come naturally to us.
We are passionate problem-solvers who listen and understand before we act. By working together – with each other, customers, drivers and cities - we make things better. Besides a lot of fun and potential to make a real difference, you will have the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!
As of now, we are looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Backend Chapter Lead (Java) (m/f) for our new development hub in Barcelona.
You will work in an agile and interdisciplinary team, closely and remotely together with our product department in Hamburg and lead the development of your chapter.
You will have the opportunity to allow us to scale our products to a completely new level.
Your responsibilities / What you will be doing
- Lead your team and your chapter’s teams
- Write code. We mean it!
- Coach your chapter’s software developers; i.e.: help them with their weaknesses and foster their strengths
- Set goals for your chapter software developers. Coaching by providing them with frequent feedback
- You will work with the recruiting team not only on attracting but also on retaining and onboarding new chapter members
- Develop and perform great engineering practices (infinite loop)
- Evangelise modern software development practices
- Collaborate with other Chapter leads and the Tribe Lead
- Work closely with other Chapter leads
- You will make data driven decisions
Main requirements / Who you are:
- 8+ years of professional experience in backend development
- 3+ year of experience in technical leadership and coaching software developers
- A thorough understanding of the SDLC process
- Experience in Scrum or Kanban
- You are fluent in English (Spanish is a plus)
- Very good knowledge of Java
- Professional experience in microservices using Java and spring-boot
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes (or similar), AWS (or similar)
- Experience running high-traffic websites / APIs and strong focus on performance optimisation, scalability, and reliability
- Proven experience designing and maintaining distributed systems at scale, from service discovery to CQRS
- You are a software craftsman/craftswoman
- Experience in an international company or team away from your home country is a plus
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi is the evolution of the hail since 2009 - the free smartphone app was the world's first taxi app that put people just two taps away from a licensed taxi, and provides a direct connection between passengers and drivers. We are today the leading e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 70 cities within 11 countries. A mytaxi hail is accepted around Europe every second from mytaxi’s network of over 120,000 drivers and more than ten million downloads. With more than 500 employees mytaxi spans across Germany, UK, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Poland, Spain, Austria, Portugal, Sweden, Romania, Peru and Chile.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been a subsidiary of the Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). After the merger with Hailo in July 2016 and the acquisitions of the leading taxi-app providers from Greece (Beat) and Romania (Clever), we're building Europe's leading taxi app today whilst shaping a future that will see new technologies and business models revolutionise urban mobility.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
mytaxi prides itself on a strong team spirit and simple company culture. Our teams organise themselves in established agile working environments and everyone works flexibly and independently. Every single employee is a part of our success story and so, open communication and a fair feedback culture come naturally to us. We are passionate problem-solvers who always listen and understand before we act. By working together – with each other, customers, drivers and cities - we make things better. Besides a lot of fun and potential to make a real difference, we offer:
- Great learning and development opportunities through internal and external workshops
- Excellent monetary benefits (health and dental insurance, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides)
- Free online language courses
- Have your birthday off
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies like fruit, unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers, regular team events, a chill-out room with a massage chair, a foosball table and many more
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!