With a hybrid peer-to-peer solution to video streaming, Streamroot helps online broadcasters improve quality of service, scale to growing audiences and cut bandwidth costs by up to 70%. Market leaders in both Europe and the US, Streamroot powers over 500 million video sessions every month. Our growing customer base includes premier media groups such as Canal+, Dailymotion, Eurosport and Russia Today.
Founded in 2013 by three engineers from Ecole Centrale Paris, Streamroot is backed by renowned VC firms and now has offices in New York, Paris and Denver. Its 30 talented employees hail from 13 countries.
As a Backend and Scalability Engineer, you will join our Backend team and develop our Core Backend Platform including our peer matching algorithms and signaling servers. Today, we have several Kubernetes clusters in production spread over multiple availability zones in the cloud. At peak, we support millions of concurrent connections and our goal is to triple this number in the next year. You will help us architect and scale our P2P-related microservices and the data analytics platform receiving tens of thousands of requests per second.
Most importantly, you will grow in a development environment where we foster initiative, collaboration and accountability. And last but not least, you’ll enjoy frequent trips and team events.
- Build a scalable and available infrastructure able to support millions of real-time concurrent connections to our servers, as well as tens of thousands of new connections per second.
- Scale our analytics platform to be able to receive and aggregate thousands of requests per second
- Continuously improve our servers’ performances
- Manage & Maintain our server fleet containing dozens of Instances.
- Automate our build deployment processes with tools such as Ansible.
- Work in an amazing technical environment with constant support and mentoring, pair programming, code reviews and unit testing.
- Experience in software development and deployment in production
- Sound knowledge of several programming languages (ex: dynamic languages as well as system & static languages)
- 1+ years of industry experience with Linux or other Unix-like flavor
- Experience working with systems operating at scale with the cloud native components ( Kubernetes,Terraform, Prometheus,...).
- Analytical and diagnostic skills, a proactive problem solving mindset
- Good understanding of development best practices, as well as common architecture principles
Any of the following skills will be greatly appreciated:
- Extensive experience in infrastructure engineering
- Experience with Go
- Experience with Terraform.
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with load balancing tools like Nginx and auto-scaling strategies
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible
- Experience managing cloud or dedicated hosting infrastructures
- A true international startup, multinational environment;
- Office in the heart of Paris, 9ème arrondissement.
- An unparallelled learning experience: we’ll give you the tools, train you and coach you, so you’d be able to work independently. You’ll be given full responsibility for your projects.
- A ground level opportunity in a hyper-growth environment
- Ski trips, offsites abroad and axe throwing sessions on Wednesdays (well, not every week)