Back-end Tech Lead (API Squad) in Barcelona
⚡ Who we are
Lodgify is a fast-growing startup focused on building vacation rental software that enables property owners and managers to independently manage and market their business online. We are an international team of more than 170 people and 40 different nationalities in the heart of Barcelona, and we've been featured twice in Wired's 100 Hottest European startups list.
⭐ About the role
Lodgify is ready to take its public API to the next level! The company wants to extend its public API offering to increase the number of partners that integrates to our platform.
We are on the lookout for a highly motivated BE Tech Lead to help us lead the technical excellence of one of the company’s key projects: The Public API, providing the right solutions to improve and scale our API to facilitate the integration experience to Lodgify.
⭐ What you will be doing
- Write code that meets high-quality standards, fully covering the code with tests
- Drive and support the initial solution design for critical features or complex refactors
- Participate in architectural discussions with the team
- Use best practices to improve existing code
- Collaborate in separating features into independent services to improve code stability and maintainability
- Actively participate in teamwork (Scrum, BE Tribe)
- Drive and support team’s focus on technical OKRs
- Actively contribute to elevating the technical knowledge of backend engineers
- Determine, document and prioritize technical debt and areas of improvement
- Flag technical debt and areas of improvements, making sure they are properly documented and taken into account when defining priorities.
- Minimum 6 years of experience C#
- Minimum 2 years of experience .NET Core
- Very good grip on SOLID principles
- Good practices on Unit Testing, Integration Testing, etc
- Good knowledge of Domain-Driven Design
- Experience working with Entity Framework & PostgreSQL
- Experience working with container managers (e.g.: Docker, K8s).
- Excellent analysis skills to understand existing code
- Good communication and collaboration skills to openly discuss the best solutions with other tech leads and to present architecture and design decisions to the rest of the team
- Good level of spoken and written English
- Experience working with microservices architecture
- Good grasp on security best practices related to APIs and data privacy
- Previous experience leading tech teams.
Additional points if you have
- Experience with observability solutions, such as Lens and Dynatrace, to investigate issues and support the overall stability of the public API.
It would make us super happy if you are a highly motivated professional who wants to complete challenges in a fast-paced .NET startup, make decisions and take responsibility for the product’s success. If you want to be part of a company with a lot of professionals with different backgrounds committed to Lodgify’s grows and success.
- Work from home flexibility.
- Permanent contract with a competitive salary.
- 25 working days of paid vacation.
- Private health insurance (that includes travel insurance, dental plan, and psychologist)
- Monthly meal stipends of 150€.
- Allowance for your home-office setup.
- Computer and gadgets for your daily work (of your choosing).
- Free Spanish classes.
- Referral program with paid compensation.
- Daily breakfast at the office: Coffee, sandwiches, cookies, fruits and much more!
- Opportunities for growth and development with a training budget.
- Great culture & working environment with an international team of over 40 different nationalities.
- Jornada Intensiva in August.
- Mental well-being.
- Regular team-building events and activities.
- Training and mentorship program.
- Yearly performance reviews.
- Sick leave fully covered.
⭐ Why you’ll love us:
You’ll be part of a growing, dynamic company with a truly international team. At Lodgify, we are full of contagious energy, hard work, and passion for what we do. Lodgify is committed to creating a workplace where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.
We are proud to have an international team that acknowledges a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. At Lodgify, we celebrate diversity and difference, and we are strongly committed to building an inclusive environment for all our employees.
All applications, including CV & cover letter, must be submitted in English. Applications in any other language will not be considered.