TOQIO (toq.io) enables any business, not just banks, to create game changing, data driven, finance propositions that can be rapidly deployed to their customers where and when they need it.
We are currently looking for an experienced BackEnd Team Lead to manage and help us build this amazing diverse team, with a range of skills and backgrounds, to tackle the next set of challenges.
The role will involve being responsible for managing the Back-End development, core integration with clients and third parties, and leading a small highly skilled technical team.
As a Back-end Team Lead you will:
- Lead and coach our Back End team and ensure a high-quality standard
- Lead the team through management and mentorship.
- Contributing to recruitment activities.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the product vision is realized through excellence in execution.
- Develop the team to ensure quality end products.
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent.
- Be working in an interdisciplinary manner with their peers in other departments as well as the VP of Engineering
- Participate in the technical design of projects we made for our Clients
- Supervise and write efficient and reliable code; use best practices with our team
- Organize and participate code reviews
- Be able to propose solutions to difficult problems
- Setup unit and integration tests
- Keep up to date with latest technology trends
- Recommend technological developments and improvements in inefficiency.
- Need to have a solid foundation in software design
- 4+ years experience in Java (Spring)
- Experience in team management
- Deep knowledge of Maven
- Experience with REST (JSON)
- Deep knowledge ofMongo DB but also analytical eye to value propositions according to the project needs .
- English communication skills (feel comfortable expressing yourself in English)
Must have skills:
- Strategic problem solver
- Excellent communication skills both in English and Spanish and the ability to connect with other engineers and developers
- Strong organizational leadership skills
- Ability to design strategies and organize them
- Strong team spirit, transparent communication, and self-management
- Quest for constant learning (new technologies)
- Passion for Digital Technologies
Nice to have:
- Experience with react native
- Knowledge of Postgres DB
- Knowledge on other frameworks like AWS, DevOps…
What we offer:
- TOQIO. People are one of TOQIO’s main assets. We are building a unique best in class team committed to our core values and based in diversity, sustainability and wellbeing.
- The team comprises professionals from leading consulting and banking firms, MBA graduates from top business schools, entrepreneurs, young and talented engineers and PhDs.
- TOQIO’s Founding team; Eduardo Martinez and Michael Galvin are successful entrepreneurs and motivated leaders who have been awarded in different fields. Along with Daniella Lorenzo, Rodrigo Iglesias, Víctor Martín, Arancha Riestra and Jingxuan Xu are leading a talented team full of energy and passion.
- Our core values. TOQIO’s 4Cs are our flagship, we are:
- Curious: Curiosity is the lifeblood of innovation.
- Committed: Shaping TOQIO into a more vibrant place to do business, as well as making our society better.
- Considerate: We’re a diverse and multicultural team that brings many perspectives into our workforce.
- Creative: seeking out of the box thinkers who face challenges head on, and look forward to innovating their way around every obstacle.
- The best place to work. We are working hard to become a great family company.
- Team working: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution oriented discussions.
- Equality & Diversity: Promoting equality and diversity, encouraging a multicultural environment.
- Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time.
- Meritocratic: Striving for excellence and rewarding the best.
- The best team. We care the most about our team members.
- Salary proposal for a Back End Team Lead: 50.000€ to 70.000€ gross annual base base salary depending on the candidate’s knowledge and experience
- Leave Period: 25 holiday days of your election.
- Employee Share Scheme: We want all team members to really feel part of TOQIO.
- Flexibility: Working flexibly in the broadest sense, remote working is part of our normal practice at TOQIO but also we offer a Flexible Working Policy. We work up 80% of the time remotely.
- Flexible perks package including private health insurance, entertainment, training, mentoring program, gym...
- We are a British company with a Spanish subsidiary. We have central offices in Madrid, London and in the short term we will open a new office in Nairobi.
- Join an international team with over 15 nationalities and colleagues in Spain, UK, Switzerland, Kenya and India.
- Awards. TOQIO has received several awards and nominations since we launched in 2018:
- Early Metrics TOP 30% International recognition 2019
- Winner of Cuatrecasa Acelera IV 2020
- Lanzadera Growth Phase Startup 2020
- Winner on Corporate Category of Open Finance Appathon 2020 (Open Banking Excellence)
- Finalist Fintech South Summit 2020
- Fintech Third prize Premios Expansión Startup 2020
During this job application, we will ask you to play a couple of short, fun games. These games provide you with the opportunity to showcase your potential, talents, and personality. As a result, we can ensure equal opportunities for everyone who applies, by evaluating everyone based on objective insights rather than gut feeling. And as we value personal growth and transparency, we will make sure you receive your results as well.
Thanks so much for taking the time to check TOQIO, we are really looking forward to hearing from you!
Our modular approach lets clients use pre-built TOQIO products to easily create personalised applications to power their propositions. We have initially developed 3 products which can be configured to deploy innovative whitelabel Business Finance Applications and change the way business banking is deliverer to their customers;
Digital Banking, the simplest, quickest and most efficient way to deploy a full digital banking proposition to the market
Marketplace: Our customers are able to access a range of pre-integrated technologies and services to deliver a better overall financial experience;
Business Intelligence: Powerful APIs connected to accounting, banking and other financial applications giving us a wealth of SME customer insight, and allow us to automate the delivery of financial products.