Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 55 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile brings together dedicated, experienced professionals focused on crafting high-quality F2P games for mobile. We strongly believe in the core values at the centre of our Ubilife, which encourage us to take ownership of our work, continually striving for excellence while promoting the sharing of knowledge across individuals and teams, without losing our sense of enjoyment and fun, or our respect and care for one another.
Do you want to join us in the world of mobile gaming? If so, read on!
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
We’re currently seeking a Backend Java Developer to help our team on their next adventure. You will join an international and successful team and will report to the Lead Programmer.
Your daily adventure:
- Developing the server side components for highly scalable and available backends for live games using technologies like Java, Redis, MySQL and NodeJS.
- Working together with the game teams to implement new features and services for mobile games.
- Customizing and tuning games to add new functionality and meet production standards.
- Deploy applications to internal and production environments.
- Perform DevOps activities for game servers.
- Accurately provide technical level-of-effort and schedule estimates on short notice and with incomplete data.
- Periodically offer round-the-clock first-line support of the production environments, as part of a rotating on-call duty
- Write robust, optimized and maintainable code.
- Writing technical design documents, for milestones and internal use.
Are you serious about fun? Do you consistently seek out learning opportunities and aim to beat your high score? Are you open to new ideas, perspectives and cultures and believe that it takes a world to build a world? At Ubisoft, you’ll work alongside passionate and talented teams who are imagining the future of entertainment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, or related field. Master’s degree in any of these disciplines is a Plus.
- Excellent Java programming skills
- +2 years of solid and proven experience with server-side Java, including POJO’s, concurrency handling, and distributed systems.
- Strong Object Oriented skills preferred.
- Proven experience in server deployment and development using Java.
- Database knowledge, preferably with relational and non-relational databases.
- Knowledge of standard software engineering and quality assurance practices with a SOLID approach.
- Git mastering, and gitflow best practices are a must.
- Be a team player: we use agile development methods, where the team members are in permanent contact. Open mind and good communication skills are a must.
- Attention to detail, meticulous and organized working habits. Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change. Work without direct supervision.
- Genuine interest in games, especially mobile gaming.
- Have a good command of English.
- Have a work permit for Spain obtained prior to applying for the position is a must
- Knowledge of social networks and app stores programming.
- Knowledge of Java EE environment, EJB, CDI and gradle.
- Hands-on production experience with container systems like Docker and container orchestration like EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes, Terraform, etc.
- Scalable systems design.
- Experience with Linux shell and scripting languages.
- Experience with Cloud computing, Amazon Web Services is a plus.
- Spanish or Catalan is a plus
YOUR LIFE AT UBISOFT BARCELONA MOBILE (and PERKS)
- 25 vacation days per year + day off in your Ubi-Birthday.
- Flexible Working Hours & Working from Home policy.
- Reduced schedule on August, Easter, Christmas and special dates such Sant Jordi and Sant Joan.
- Flexible compensation with Ticket Restaurant.
- Mobile device grant based on seniority.
- Cigna private Health insurance.
- Physiotherapist special rates in the office.
- Professional development programs and tickets to international events.
- English, Spanish and French free lessons in the studio.
- Great discounts in our games.
- Gym special rates and discounts in other services.
- Nespresso coffee, organic fruit and other beverages.
- Company parties and events.
- Friday’s beers.
- Relocation Package (when needed).