Allot is an established industry leader in network intelligence and security solutions for service providers and enterprises around the world.
We believe in giving our Tier-1 customers around the world real value by offering them cutting-edge solutions that make their networks smarter and their users more secure.
At Allot, you’ll have the opportunity to develop professionally and personally in a dynamic environment with like-minded people who always go the extra mile to succeed.
What we’re looking for:
An experienced Backend Engineer to join our global R&D team to work on the next generation Allot Cybersecurity Products and make an immediate and real impact on the future of our products.
The candidate should have high technical skills and hands-on experience in backend development, Agile methodology, CloudOps, and data engineering that is necessary both for our team strength and future product growth.
This means not only coding the solution, but taking part in architecting it. We want to hear your voice and opinion in the ongoing discussion of the best way to design a modern, huge-scale, microservices-based Backend system.
What you’ll do:
- Work as a Backend Engineer, taking part in the overall design, development, architecture, code quality and production environment deployment of your team
- Work as part of a Scrum team
- Take part in Agile processes including Scrum team activities
- Ensure adherence to coding best practices and development of reusable code
- Work closely with different development groups
- Be a senior hands-on contributor
What you should have:
- Experience building web applications from scratch in a production environment
- 5+ years of experience with Python; with emphasis on enterprise software development
- 2+ years of experience with building scalable web applications built around microservices architecture, including RESTful services
- NoSQL database experience such as MongoDB, Redis.
- Kafka and other durable, scalable messaging systems
- Experience in Unit testing
- Basic Linux/Unix system administration skills
- Fluent English as you will be working with international teams
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL - advantage
- Docker containerization - advantage
- Kubernetes, container orchestration – advantage
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Team player, strong communication skills, empathy, and someone who thrives in working in a fast-paced environment