FilledThis offer is not available anymore
CARTO is making a huge impact on some of the most important global corporations (Google, Mastercard, T-Mobile, Vodafone) developing custom solutions on top of its powerful geospatial platform.
We are looking to incorporate into our Solutions Team a creative professional eager to work with data engineering, helping us to define automated solutions to ingest, analyze and process terabytes of spatial data with the ultimate Cloud Native platform.
Do you have a passion for solving the most cutting-edge customer problems with data and analytics? Do you want to be part of a high performing team at a rapidly growing tech company with an awesome culture? Do you have the expertise and demonstrated success dimensioning and defining geospatial solutions? If so we want to talk to you!
Some of our current challenges are solving problems like: design high scalable platform to calculate optimized routes of gas&oil pipelines over terabytes of spatial data and hundreds of constraints in seconds, predict revenue for simulated stores in a whole country applying ML techniques, or process, aggregate and enrich billions of transactions across the globe to serve them in a real-time application.
From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way business happens. Everyone, from business analysts to data scientists, use our software and location data to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is poised to lead the location intelligence (LI) space.
This position is based in our Sevilla office, although we accept candidates working remotely.
- Work with an experienced team to build cutting-edge backend systems that feed beautiful maps and meaningful geospatial apps.
- Research, arrange and aggregate terabytes of data to get the most accurate insights for CARTO customers. Don't count data, make data count.
- You will learn everything there is to know about mapping technology and how companies around the world are using CARTO to gain insights through location and predictive analysis.
- You will work on improving and automating the current Data release process, as well as on revamping the ETL process to make it easy for partners and customers to contribute new sources of data.
- You will be able to self-promote and become a tech leader, who will be a referent for the rest of the team.
- A human being with an insatiable thirst for learning.
- Quick to grasp new concepts and quick to take on new challenges.
- Experienced building applications with Python and familiar with Python modules.
- Experience designing REST APIs using technologies like AIOHTTP or Flask.
- Ideally, experienced with large software applications of either very high demand or with very large databases.
- Someone who has enjoyed working with various databases and has solid SQL foundations. Desirably, also familiar with Postgresql and with large databases and data warehouses like BigQuery, Redshift, or Snowflake.
- Mature in your approach to software development in how you test, fine tune, and document when required. Also, previous experience with modern tools for CI/CD: Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Drone, etc.
- A skilled communicator, and fluent in English.
- Willing to contribute to our culture of openness, constant feedback, and iterative improvement.
- Competitive, results-based compensation.
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment.
- Private medical insurance and stock options.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming multicultural and multilingual company with a supportive, team-work oriented work environment.
- An opportunity to get in early to a company that will be category defining, backed by the same VCs that have backed companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox and Cloudera.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions.
- We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Provide us your resume and explain your interest. Be sure to let us know why you’re a great match for this role and for CARTO!
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
Diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).