Are you interested in languages, education and technology and want to work in one of the world's fastest growing EdTech startups? Then join us and be part of an ambitious and talented team that revolutionises how we learn languages.
Busuu is the best way to learn a language.
We are the world's largest language learning community with over 100 million users in 190 countries, growing at up to 30,000 new users per day. We empower our users to achieve their language learning goals by combining AI-powered courses with instant feedback from our global community of native speakers and live tutoring from qualified teachers across the world.
We are a profitable, fast growing tech startup with over 120 employees and offices in Madrid and London. We have been backed by leading institutional investors and entrepreneurs (PROFounders Capital, McGraw-Hill Education, GP Bullhound, Martin Varsavsky, Brent Hoberman etc) and have been named as ‘Best EdTech Startup’ in Europe by TechCrunch.
If you are passionate about languages, want to work with smart, creative, energetic people and possess the initiative, confidence and good judgement to make independent decisions every day - then you are probably the perfect addition for our growing team.
What makes an amazing Senior Back-End Engineer at Busuu
- Excellent knowledge in PHP7 and/or nodeJS and building scalable services.
- Experience in data modelling and performance optimisation using relational databases (we use MySQL and PostgreSQL).
- Solid knowledge of API design, RESTFul or gRPC.
- Exposure to high traffic platforms.
- Experience with SOLID, Design Patterns, TDD
- Experience working with legacy code base and its transition into MS-Architecture
- Experience working in transactional projects like: payments, promotions, bookings, subscriptions
- Ability to work outside your comfort zone, take a problem and solve it with as much or as little support as you need.
- Expertise in any of these technologies: WebRTC, GraphQL, NoSQL
- Experience with Event/Stream architecture
What can you expect working at Busuu Spain?
You will be based in our new Madrid Office and have the opportunity to travel to our HQ in London for short-term visits.
At Busuu we know that when we work hard we should find time to relax and have fun, this is why we encourage our members to join our quarterly team events, to build personal relationships with your peers.
We offer several special perks to our employees, which are:
- Competitive salary
- Work from home Policy
- Bonus scheme
- Private healthcare
- Free snacks
- Free dinner if you decided to work late