FilledThis offer is not available anymore
Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
The Messaging team at Schibsted owns the software and infrastructure that sends over 1.5 million messages every day and serves millions of customers worldwide. Marketplaces from the Schibsted group all over the world use our infrastructure and integrate their applications using our SDKs to enable chat in their web sites. Our team is formed by more than 15 professionals from different areas such as UX, Product and Tech that work together to develop top-of-the-line software products.
- As a Back-End engineer, you will help build state of the art systems that have real revenue-generating impact
- Engineer and implement highly scalable systems, using the best development practices and tools
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organisation (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc)
- Continuously monitor the quality of our systems, design measurements to monitor their health (both the engineering systems and data integrity)
- Keep on top of the latest and greatest developments in distributed systems and the cloud
- Work closely with other teams (Stakeholders, Product and UX) to drive product development
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions yet pragmatic and committed to code optimisation, maintainability, and quality
- Work closely with other teams (Data Science, Product and UX) at Schibsted to drive product development.
- Compelling working experience in a Java 8/JEE/Kotlin/Scala back-end environment (preferably using Agile / Scrum methodology)
- Spring and Spring Boot knowledge is a plus
- Used to play around with web protocols, web servers & application servers in Linux and MacOS environments
- Fluent in the comprehension and use of Object-Oriented design patterns, able to make architectural decisions
- Experience in building and maintaining systems at scale: service discovery, load balancing, secret management, dynamic request routing, circuit breakers and deployment schemes (rolling updates, canary, etc.)
- Experience with high traffic systems and distributed systems and databases
- Development best practices used: Pair programming, code review, clean code, CI/CD preferably with experience in Travis and Spinnaker
- Understands Quality by design, and consistently works with Unit testing, Integration Testing, (JUnit, TestNG)
- Must show initiative, proactively finding and solving product problems
- You love developing good quality software
- You are open and proactive to discuss different software design alternatives
- Ownership and result oriented person
- Have a team-player spirit, which benefits the group vs the individual
- Good written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills
- Technical and business level English is a must
- Experience with any AMQP technologies
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Cassandra, DynamoDB or MongoDB
- Experience with Kafka and Kafka Streams
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Experience with monitoring tools preferably Grafana
Our 3000+ employees in Schibsted Marketplaces focus daily on solving real problems for our users. With leading generalist marketplaces across Europe, exciting growth companies in Latin America, Eastern Europe and north of Africa, plus technology hubs in Barcelona, London, Oslo and Stockholm, our teams balance local insights with a global scale to develop innovative digital products and services.
Schibsted company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.