Here is a little taste of your challenge:
Our software engineers design for quality and reuse, componentization, resilience and multi-threading, and at the same time you should be willing to get your hands dirty and dive deep into all any kind of problem that comes your way.
- Find and refine requirements, discuss new features and collaborate with product managers and the UX team.
- Agree the technical implementation with involved component owners, platform architects and estimate the work effort.
- Implement, test and demonstrate new product features following agile best practices.
- Work on further usability or performance improvements, test automation and bug fixes.
Who are you?
There is no set route to become Backend Engineer in Webfleet Solutions. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Having a degree on computing or engineering or an equivalent practical qualification, plus 3 to 5 years of experience in software development.
- Good level of English (written and spoken).
- Being a great communicator, analytic, goal-oriented and quality-focused.
- Have agile mindset and you like to work with other software engineers across our different locations.
- Enjoy to interact with other developers, component owners, UX engineers and system engineers.
- Experience in Java server-side development, including Spring, and SQL and noSQL data stores.
What can you expect?
- An adventure in software product development within a rapidly growing. business unit of a globally renowned brand and various opportunities for your professional development.
- Being part of a team of expert developers and contribute in building and adapting technology for the Webfleet Solutions Service Platform.
- No dress code. Just come as you are – we can’t wait to welcome you in our specious and luminous office.
- Brilliant minds. Learn from your colleagues – pioneers and experts who are changing the world.
- Different cultures. Our colleagues come from all over the world, with 55 nationalities and counting.
Practically Speaking, what's in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package in addition to the salary:
- Private health insurance (including children and partners)
- Pension Plan
- Lunch vouchers + free coffee and fruit at the office
- Flexible working hours
- Almost no dress code (the only existing restriction is that you are required to be dressed decently and wear shoes on your feet)
- The office is equipped with a terrace, a table tennis table and foosball
- Plenty of formal training for new joiners + access to LinkedIn Learning
- Once you have earned the merits to warrant it, there will be opportunity to attend trainings and conferences on company budget
- Annual performance reviews, personal development plans, and as much feedback as you want and can handle through regular 1:1 meetings
Who are we?
Webfleet Solutions is one of the world’s leading telematics solution providers, dedicated to fleet management, vehicle telematics and connected car services. Its main Software-as-a-Service solution WEBFLEET is used by businesses of all sizes to improve vehicle performance, save fuel, support drivers and increase overall fleet efficiency. In addition, Webfleet Solutions provides services for the insurance, rental and leasing industries, car importers and companies that address the needs of businesses as well as consumers. Webfleet Solutions has over 50,000 customers worldwide and services drivers in more than 100 countries, giving them the industry’s strongest local support network and widest range of sector-specific third-party applications and integrations. Our customers benefit every day from the high standards of confidentiality, integrity and availability of our ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified service, re-audited in November 2018.
Webfleet Solutions is part of Bridgestone Europe NV/SA (“Bridgestone”), a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, a leader in advanced solutions and sustainable mobility.