YOUR WAY INTO THE FUTURE
Join our team as a Back-end Engineer and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of our platform. You will work in an effective, autonomous feature-based team, where you will get to play out your dev skills in a high-impact driven environment. You will be responsible for the full cycle of feature development in your team ("You build it, you run it"), and take part in architecting the back-end of our complex, mission-critical HR Operating System.
Overall, we are 8 teams located in Germany and Spain. In total, the P&E department consists of 80 people, ranging from Engineers and Designers to Product and Engineering Managers.
Personio in Madrid is the team that’s driving our Personio Payroll Engine towards our vision of Payroll Automation.
Our challenge is to build a robust system that allows us to generate a huge number of payslips and that’s able to adapt to different countries and their specific legal requirements in an agile way. Right now, we transform our "Rails" application into a more decoupled application following the principles of Domain-Driven Design, Hexagonal Architecture and SOLID.
YOUR WAY UNTIL TODAY
- You have significant experience in web development (from design to deployment and monitoring in production), in one of the following technologies: Java, Ruby on Rails, Kotlin. We will also value if you have experience in PHP or Python
- Strong OO design skills (SOLID 100%)
- Knowledge with automated testing and a good understanding of when and what to test
- Experience in CI/CD, Pull/Merge Request and code reviews
- Proactive problem solver. You leave code and processes in a better shape than when you first encountered them
- Team player. You are passionate about working with talented teammates. Your heart beats for receiving and giving feedback, to grow both personally and as an engineer
- Interest and passion to learn and experiment with new technologies
- Professional level of written and spoken English
WHY WORKING WITH US
- Because joining us at an early stage shows your trust and confidence in Personio, we want you to also profit from the success of the company. Therefore, we will offer you a competitive compensation package (e.g. salary, benefits, virtual shares)
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation support to Spain
- 26 paid vacation days
- 1,500 Euro development budget, which you can use as you wish
- Weekly English classes
- Grant for transport and food approx € 68 per month
- MacBook Pro and gadgets, including BOSE headset with noise cancellation
- Your chance to play a decisive role in shaping a company in its rapid growth and to grow and learn from your tasks
- A creative working environment and short decision-making paths
- Full responsibility for your area
- Regular team and company events (e.g. Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany)
- An office in the heart of Madrid
- Relocation and visa support through an expert agency to Madrid
By now we already have more than 2000 customers, but we aim high: Our goal is to build the leading HR platform in Europe. At Personio, we believe in hiring people like you - ambitious, forward-thinkers who want to be more than just another employee. Will you be one of them?
In 2019, tech consultancy GP Bullhound included Personio in a list of 50 European start-ups set to achieve a billion-dollar valuation over the next two years, giving them ‘unicorn’ status.