FilledThis offer is not available anymore
Preply is a global language learning marketplace, connecting 15,000 tutors with tens of thousands of students from all over the world.
Founded in 2012 and backed by some of the world’s leading investors, Preply is on a mission to shape the future of effective learning. Fueled by a belief that live engagement with a teacher is still the most effective way to learn a new skill, Preply is building a personalised learning space that will enable individual learners to reach their goals in the fastest way possible.
Powered by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, Preply now has 200+ employees of over 25 nationalities based between Barcelona and Kyiv. Preply is driven by a culture of experimentation and data-driven learnings, focused on building best-in-class consumer and enterprise solutions.
As the company looks to increase momentum and scale geographically, this is a unique opportunity to join one of the most vibrant and attractive start-up communities in the world.
We are currently searching for a Backend Engineer (Python/Django), ideally with frontend experience, passionate about the vision and idea of our product. You will join our CRM Channels team, responsible for activating, engaging, and retaining our students throughout their learning journey.
As a Backend Engineer you will use your expertise to build solutions that communicate with the different parts of our platform and that are stable at scale. We build user-facing features using React v16, Python/Django, Apollo GraphQL client, TypeScript, Docker, AWS. We release our product 30-40 times per day by leveraging modern technologies like Kubernetes (Skaffold+Helm), Docker and top-notch CI/CD processes. We use DataDog and Terraform for monitoring and alerting. We even sometimes write about what we’re building and how we’re doing it on our Engineering Blog.
So if you want to develop your skills, work on diverse technical challenges at scale, and be part of a product that delivers life-changing language education to the world, join our team!
As a Backend Engineer, you will:
- Develop and stabilize our messaging systems, providing rich, reliable and up-to-date to Braze, our chosen messaging service, and productizing our internal messaging applications so they can be used by other teams.
- Design and implement robust, readable, well-tested and instrumented solutions around our CRM systems. Help deliver successful A/B experiments across different channels from email to push notifications.
- Being able to develop back-end and database driven features using Python language and Django frameworks
- Taking the time to deeply understand the problems and challenges users face and being the part of the solution-finding process. Thinking beyond the code and about our customers and our business.
- Work with and integrating third-party APIs and tools inc Braze, Google AMPHelp us make our best practices even better (test culture, code reviews, mentoring)
Our tech stack: Python/Django, React v16, NextJS, Apollo GraphQL client, CSS Modules, Storybook, TypeScript, Webpack, Docker, AWS.
What we're after:
- Exceptional communication skills.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in commercial software development.
- Good knowledge and recent experience with Python
- Experience with Django, RabbitMQ, Celery, GraphQL, AWS, k8s is a plus.
- Min. B2 English level
What we offer:
- An opportunity for personal and professional growth, supported by high functioning teams, stellar investors and the exciting challenges that come with joining a company at the start of its growth trajectory;
- An environment free of bureaucracy and corporate constraints; a culture where your opinion is highly valued and appreciated;
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and international culture;
- A monthly allowance for self-development on Preply.com
- A competitive financial package, with generous leave allowance and health insurance.
Diversity is important for us
Preply is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.