Glovo is a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Western Asia, and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. We currently deliver over +100M annual orders and operate in +500 cities worldwide.
Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
YOUR WORK-LIFE OPPORTUNITY:
The Content & Partners team seeks talented engineers who take pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work.
You will work in one of the core teams within Glovo, responsible for creating an intuitive and adaptive platform that empowers every partner to write their success story.
The team owns the end-to-end software services, applications and APIs that enable partners to manage their operations, and optimize the content to be displayed in our customer apps.
You will work mostly with backend-based solutions making sure that our systems are highly available, secure and optimised to cope with the increase in demand.
BE A PART OF A TEAM WHERE YOU WILL:
- Work on challenging problems regarding large amounts of data processing (reads and writes).
- Develop software using modern engineering approaches and agile principles.
- Make our technology and our team scale as the business grows.
- Own your deliverables from start to finish.
- Deliver high-quality solutions.
- Participate in technical decisions.
- Take part in product-experimentation.
Computer Science or similar degree.
- Experience diagnosing and resolving performance problems in complex software systems.
- 4+ years of relevant full-time experience.
- Strong Java or other high level language skills.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming and software architecture.
- Strong will to adhere to best practices in OO development and a need to leave well-structured code in your tracks.
- The urge to write automated tests.
- Knowledge of relational databases and other approaches to data management.
- Knowledge of concurrency and Event-Driven Development.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Vivid interest in at least one area outside of coding (architecture, algorithms, optimization, automation, scalability, etc.)
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
EXPERIENCE OUR GLOVO LIFE BENEFITS:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package (if applicable)
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
WHAT YOU’LL FIND WHEN WORKING AT GLOVO:
Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
At Glovo we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of 2020, we’re currently present in more than 22 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia.