Arbolus is looking for a Backend Developer to join our new, in-house team in our Barcelona office. This person is responsible for building our backend applications. He/she will be able to drive the programming of well-constructed, testable code.
The ideal candidate will have a broad technical background, a solid understanding of applicable analytics, and a natural curiosity for producing effective solutions. This person is patient, has excellent time-management skills, and practices of effective communication style.
Arbolus is changing the way businesses learn and retain knowledge
We believe experience is worth sharing, so we set out to help people with experience share their experience easily with businesses.
Today, Arbolus is the first platform that helps businesses build and work with networks of experts, advisors and freelance consultants. Our product has been a big hit with global consulting firms (e.g. the big four) and Fortune 500 companies who use third parties to inform their business strategy.
Based in London, we are a venture-backed scale-up with offices in Barcelona (our largest) and New York.
Arbolus' product is used by 100s of the world's largest companies
We combine a .Net backend with a React web-app and React Native mobile app. Today the platform allows 1000s of experts to build relationships with 100s of professional companies, working with them on our workspace.
We are looking to expand the product in 2021 with a great team of in-house developers, providing new features to truly disrupt this massive industry.
- Plan – you will translate business requirements into technical deliverable features
- Develop – you will build the backend functionality following the best coding practices and methodologies
- Collaborate – you will be part of a technical team and contribute to its success and improvement
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- 2+ years of experience
- Strong fundamentals in object-oriented languages like .Net
- Exposure to SQL Databases (PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with git (GitHub) and version control best practices
- Knowledge of common engineering tools and applications
- Passionate about building high quality software
- Professional English
Nice to have
- Understanding of engineering fundamentals: unit testing (xUnit), code reviews and RESTful APIs
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems (GitHub Actions, Jenkins, Travis or similar tools)
- Familiarity and experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS
What we offer
- Competitive base-pay + bonus
- International exposure
- Influence on the future of Arbolus
- Great team & strong office culture
- 2x annual retreats and regular socials
- Regular hackathon
- Work from home days
- Macbook + more