LAST NEWS: haddock has been accepted in the world´s best startup accelerator Y Combinator! 🚀 Companies such as Airbnb, Dropbox or Twitch have been part of this program and have turned sector leaders.
We are the first B2B SaaS (Software as a Service) specialized in “Horeca”.
Our mission is to digitalize and improve operations, optimizing processes, reducing costs, saving time and automating tasks.
Our vision is to be the leaders, innovate and create long-term relationships with our clients where they see us as a strategic partner.
As a Back-end engineer, you will help drive architecture and technology decisions across the full development stack, bringing with you the experience and knowledge necessary to not only reach development goals but also help improve processes and find faults in current strategies.
We are looking for a software engineer with experience in web based SaaS applications to help us scale development at haddock, and face the new challenges that come as our user base grows exponentially.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced and growing team, with the opportunity to have a big impact at the beginning of a startup journey.
- Participate in an agile team tasked with the development of our product.
- Shape and architecture solutions that allow us to tackle new challenges in sensible, efficient and scalable ways.
- Help improve internal processes, as we transition from a small team with ad hoc procedures and constant improvisation, to more structured, automated and sustainable development strategies.
- Coach and mentor more junior team members, and be proactive in the sharing of technical and domain knowledge, always fostering an inclusive and constructive work environment.
Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years of professional programming experience
- Experience with TypeScript, or a good grasp on type systems and how they apply to untyped interpreted languages.
- Confidence in working with automation systems for testing, deploying or maintenance. You must be able to identify and automate inefficient processes.
- The ability to deal with code originating from an MVP, and the good judgement to decide when to redo, when to refactor, and when to leave as is.
- Knowledge of modern software architecture patterns, such as domain driven design or clean architecture.
- Familiarity with DevOps procedures and tools, and a good grasp on cloud based applications.
You’ll Stand Out if You Bring
- Previous experience working at a fast-paced startup
- Previous experience working in a SaaS product
- Experience working in the HORECA sector
If you do not fit all the criteria, but still think you would be a great fit for this position, feel free to tell us why. At haddock, we are always looking for talented and motivated people to drive our product forward!
- Flexible working hours
- Remote-friendly options
- Open working space to meet your team whenever you want
- Team events (“haddolimpiadas” and more!), there is always someone ready to grab a beer or a Sunny Delight around- The possibility to be a part of the passionate team with a start-up mindset
How does the process work?
- An up-to-date CV (English, Spanish or Catalan version)
- A portfolio that shows you can find simple solutions to complex problems
- Get in touch with us by sending your contact information using the application form. We will review each one of the applications we receive and assess how the CV (it can be an English, Spanish or Catalan version) fits the role we are looking for.
- First call: If your candidacy fits, we will contact you via email to schedule a first 10 minutes call to find out your motivation and give you the chance to ask any questions you have about haddock. Take this call as an informal conversation, so don't be nervous.
- The challenge: We will send you a design challenge to validate your knowledge and estimate your level before joining us.
- Main interview: Once you finish the challenge, we'll meet again to let you present your challenge and have a conversation about your decision-making. You will be in touch with a person from the product team, who you will work with if you join the team.
- Last interview: In this last interview, we want to explain very well how we work and what would be the day-to-day responsibilities. It will be the time to explain to you what we expect and to get to know each other personally.
- Offer Letter: Finally, If everything plays out, we'll make you an offer if we see a clear fit within the team.
11 - 50