You’ll be joining the tech team of InfoJobs, whose general mission is to maintain the #1 jobs
marketplace position in the Spanish and Italian markets.
To achieve this, we are divided into three clusters (candidates, employees and monetization)
and this position is focused on the candidate's cluster.
The whole cluster is working to solve current candidate pains and you will be involved in
interesting projects as:
- Candidates CV parsing where we are able to parse PDF CVs through ML models
- Migration of the current offer alerts system to a new one that allows real time and
- Improve matching between candidates and offers through ML solutions
As a Backend Engineer, you will work in one of the product teams of the candidate’s cluster by providing services and solutions that would help millions of users. You will work closely together with the team to analyse the problems and define hypotheses to solve them. Those hypotheses will be validated through iterative solutions, experimentation and fail fast culture. In coordination with other Backends and our Backend Enabler you will be responsible for leading the Backend discipline inside Jobs vertical in accordance with our strategy and promote some of the strategic initiatives that are included in our roadmap. Alignment between several teams is important to provide solutions that could fit all stakeholders at the right moment
- Lead discussions and contribute to technical decisions; striving for quality, performance, and clean architecture.
- Lead and drive initiatives and changes.
- Develop and implement systems using best practices and tools then document and communicate them.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team and develop client
-side solutions that will be used by millions of users every day.
- Mentor and coach the rest of Backends in the vertical.
- Contribute to the definition and delivery of community objectives.
- Bring creativity and experimentation to your day-to-day activities.
- Work closely with our Product and UX teams to drive product development and bring further value to our users.
- Lead and push initiatives as Accelerate metrics to improve our development performance.
- Provide real-time and scalable service solutions.
- Privacy and security-left mindset.
- Maintain, develop and orchestrate services. - Ensure that quality and security standards are being achieved.
- Share knowledge to your colleagues and also learn from them.
- 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience working with Agile frameworks (scrum)
- Kotlin, Java
- Proficiency in building well-tested code.
- Experience building microservices (Spring boot, spring cloud)
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes, ECS,
- Experience with streaming processing tools like Kafka
- Intermediate knowledge of Git
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Good development practices (SOLID, testing) and security care.
- Self-starter and detail-oriented. You can complete projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with multidisciplinary teams
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Fluent in English
Nice to have knowledge:
- Accelerate metrics
- Storytelling skills
Still there? We have more to tell you
At Adevinta Spain, we believe in the power of a fair and equitable benefits policy. And we do everything we can to make it so. Therefore, we pay special attention to all aspects that are key in your day-to-day life:
Our work model prioritizes remote work combined with face-to-face dynamics in the office that help us connect and make strategic decisions as a team. There are a minimum of 5 face-to-face days per quarter that you will pick with your team, that is, a minimum of 20 days a year, of which there are 8 days that we have chosen for everyone because they are meetings that reinforce our culture as a company (development conversations with managers, the creation of objectives or the summer celebration and Christmas party)
Furthermore, you have the option of working up to four weeks a year from wherever you'd like. To do this, you must have a good internet connection and be able to follow the team's schedules.
Every year we engage in benchmarking against the external market in order to create competitive compensation packages. Moreover, we do have plans that allow you to "flex your gross salary" in order to purchase benefits such as meal vouchers, commuters card, training and child care.
We have Apple, Dell and Samsung options to choose the hardware that helps you most in your daily life. Choose between a Macbook Pro or Dell XPS laptop and an iPhone XR or Samsung S9 phone.
Do you travel by car or motorcycle? We subsidize part of the parking cost
Your well-being is our priority. We cover fully for your medical insurance and we allow family members to be added to the policy for a discounted price.
At the Barcelona office, you can enjoy sessions of 1 hour of physiotherapy
Do you like going to the gym? We sponsor 70% of the monthly fee of your chosen centre/ studio and we have agreements with both Andjoy and McFit for discounted membership prices.
We enjoy 23 days of paid-time-off a year.
We offer free breakfast and drinks at our Barcelona office every day of the week. You can also choose to enjoy the freshmade set daily menu in our canteen for an economical price. In Madrid on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays you can enjoy free breakfast.
Last but not least, you have 5 extra days to attend conferences and we offer one entrance ticket per year.
At Adevinta Spain, we work hard so that millions of people can find what they are looking for through our six marketplaces, building new connections that help us make a positive impact on the planet.
We are Fotocasa, habitaclia, InfoJobs, coches.net, motos.net and Milanuncios. Every day, 1 in 2 people search for a new opportunity in one of our marketplaces in Spain. And they find it.
And to do so, at Adevinta Spain we create an environment where you are your best version of yourself every day, where you can give your all, and where your uniqueness adds to our diversity. Diversity in every sense of the word, in our people, in our products and our community. Because equality is at the heart of everything we do. Better as equals.
Adevinta is so much more than just a workplace. We have obtained the Great Place to Work certificate and 91% of our employees say that Adevinta Spain is an excellent place to work. An international accreditation that shows that we are one of the best companies to work for!
About Adevinta Spain
Nuestras marcas en España: fotocasa, habitaclia, InfoJobs, coches.net, motos.net, milanuncios y vibbo, llegan cada mes a más de 18 millones de usuarios únicos: ¡estamos en el top 10 de las empresas con mayor audiencia de Internet en España! Esto, junto con las más de 1.000 personas de la compañía, nos convierte en una de las empresas tech referentes del mercado español.
Como empresa tecnológica, tenemos un ADN digital. Nos encanta desafiar lo establecido y pensamos nuevos modos de hacer las cosas. Trabajamos a través de PEAK Performance, una forma de trabajar basada en OKRs, ágil y con equipos autosuficientes y autoorganizados. Creemos en la cultura del feedback y en un estilo de liderazgo cercano. Además, gracias a la tecnología puntera, la experiencia y la especialización creamos un entorno digital multiplataforma, eficaz y de total confianza. En definitiva, creamos soluciones cada vez más inteligentes para ofrecer la mejor experiencia a nuestros usuarios y clientes.
Y no solo estamos en España, Adevinta es un grupo internacional presente en 16 países de Europa, América Latina y África del Norte, con marcas locales líderes como Leboncoin en Francia, Subito en Italia, Jofogás en Hungría y Segundamano en México, entre muchas otras. Marcas líderes a nivel local y que forman parte integral de la vida de los usuarios, con una media de 1.500 millones de visitas mensuales a sus sites.
Si te gustan los retos y crees tanto como nosotros en el poder del matchmaking... ¡Únete a nuestro equipo!