We are looking for a full-stack developer who is very comfortable with developing in Python, who can contribute to various parts of our software stack, and is a DevOps enthusiast. The focus is on the backend, but other parts of our platform that interact with the backend will need to be worked on too. We are using various public clouds, including Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
The perfect candidate for this role will be able to contribute to our back-end, client-side Python libraries, software developer kit (SDK), and will be able to resolve issues and document and implement changes requested by our customers. You will be working with our senior back-end and front-end developers and we expect an agile and DevOps-oriented mindset. Besides working on bugs and features, you will contribute to automating tests and deployments using Jenkins pipelines, our internal continuous integration libraries and GCP/AWS services.
You will also share responsibilities for updates of our cloud infrastructure, backups, disaster recovery protocols. You will be facilitating maximum productivity of the development team through automation (e.g., launch a test platform with a single click) and support our DevOps environment.
Technologies we use include, but are not limited to:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Amazon Web Services
- Discuss our APIs with the rest of the team and propose improvements
- Implement new features in our backend, client-side libraries and SDK
- Write unit tests and integration tests for the code that you develop or modify
- Build, maintain, and scale infrastructure for Production and Development environments
- Continually improve DevOps tools, processes, and procedures
- Work closely with the rest of the development teams to understand automation needs
- Optimize the cost of our operations by optimizing different public clouds, and the transfer of data between different locations and/or cloud providers
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Object-oriented programming language skills, including Python
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems (e.g., Ubuntu)
- Experience with container systems such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including the ability to explain technical terminology to non-technical users)
- MSc or BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
Desired Qualifications (optional)
- Administration of public clouds such as GCP and AWS
- Experience with automation/monitoring tools (e.g., Jenkins, Ansible, Grafana)
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and risk management
- Experience with developing or using REST APIs
QMENTA was founded to empower the breakthroughs that will ultimately make brain diseases a thing of the past. We deliver on our vision by serving as the indispensable hub for data, tools, and expertise that accelerates the understanding, diagnosis and treatment of CNS disease. How? We bring to market a powerful package of sophisticated technologies integrated into a single software solution that easily fuses big brain data with AI analytics.
At QMENTA, we strive on solving hard problems with creative solutions, and have fun during the process. In everything we do, we’re guided by our ABCDE’s core values:
- Positiveness: We face challenges with a positive attitude.
- Encourage: We work hard and share your enthusiasm.
- Amplify: We amplify our capabilities and multiply results.
- Brains before brawn: We are resourceful and innovative.
- Proactive: We generate constructive change both personal and professional.
- Pride: We take pride in our work and recognize it.
- Ambition: We tackle important and meaningful problems.
- Impact: We are making a difference in the world.
- Excellence: We set the bar high.
- Fast delivery: We are nimble and efficient.
- Quality: We understand our clients and deliver the highest quality product.
- Accountability: We are pragmatic and meet our commitments.
- Privacy and Security: We design our systems to protect data following global industry standards.
- Expertise: We have the knowledge and skills to solve your problems.
- Trust: We are honest, ethical and our word is our bond.