Ubisoft Barcelona, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. Our goal is to bring outstanding experiences to our players around the world. Our passion is innovation and using cutting-edge technology to deliver the unexpected.
Our teams are behind memorable AAA titles such as “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “Beyond Good & Evil 2”, “Assassin’s Creed Valhalla” … etc.
We are looking for a Back-End Developer to join our Ubisoft Connect team in Barcelona PC/Console studio. Working on online services for our productions, the backend developer is in charge of the development and administration of online microservices using a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases for all Ubisoft games with local or cloud technologies. As a backend developer, you will participate in the design and implementation of RESTful APIs based on a microservice architecture, working with a DevOps mindset.
What you´ll do
- Participate in the design/analysis, coding, testing, integration, debugging, and supporting of online services.
- Estimate the effort required to accomplish tasks.
- Offer quality support to production teams.
- Evaluate risks and impacts of decisions and changes.
- Stay up to date on new technologies in the online services, game development, and general web fields.
What you´ll bring
- A Bachelor’s university degree in computer science or engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a RESTful API backend developer.
- Proficiency in C# and ASP .NET core or NodeJS.
- Knowledge of microservices and microservices architecture.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience with database programming (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis).
- Experience with DevOps technologies: Terraform, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes.
- Experience of hosting services in cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Unit, integration, and load testing.
- Experience working in an Agile and DevOps environment.
Really nice to have
- Front-end development consuming RESTful services.
- Frontend frameworks React.js, Vue.js.
Our studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! We bet that you know Barcelona, either for its amazing architecture / monuments, famous nightlife, restaurants, super weather and beaches, culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different foods, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-minded and dynamic people.
We encourage everyone to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture to develop the best AAA game and invest time in playing any type of games, if it’s together, even better!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to meet you!
Benefits and perks
- Restaurant Tickets: 120 € per month (1440€ net/Year).
- 25 working days of holidays and the day of your birthday.
- Flexible working hours & Flexible Friday.
- Work from home (Up to 60 % in a month under management validation).
- Beneficial Price to Sport activities and gym (app: Andjoy).
- Free Fruits and drinks in the Office.
- Breakfast on Monday in the Office.
- Free access to Ubisoft games on PC.
- Discounts for Ubisoft console games.
- Team Building events.
- After the trial period:
- Beneficial Price to a Health Care Insurance for you (and eventually to the members of your family).
- Access to tax discounts from your public transport and kindergarten costs.
- Relocation Assistance.