This is us in a nutshell:
- We are singularly focused on providing all the tools and building blocks our customers need to deliver outstanding online shopping experiences and innovation across all digital touchpoints.
- In 2013 we introduced a modular, API-first cloud-native commerce platform, pioneering the headless commerce space and enabling us to build the foundation to change our whole industry for the better and re-invent ecommerce.
- Our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In September 2021, we announced our $140m series C funding round led by global tech investor Accel, alongside existing investors Insight Partners and REWE Group, which has accelerated our global growth and elevated us to unicorn status. We are now valued at $1.9bn, named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
Please note that for this role, we can currently offer full-remote work for candidates based in the European Union and in the United Kingdom
- Help the team with architecture decisions
- Working on a microservices architecture
- Build applications written in Node.js and Golang
- Build integrations with third party systems
- Design and implement scalable and secure services based on Node.js TypeScript, GraphQL and REST or Golang
- Participate in user discovery sessions with the whole team including UX and PO and discuss technical approaches for solving problem
What you need to succeed:
- Several years of experience as a BE software engineer
- Solid experience in working with Node.js and its modules, like Express and Apollo
- Experience with Golang
- Basic knowledge of Kubernetes and containerization
- Practical experience in the design and use of GraphQL APIs
- Strive for a clean code and high standards for quality assurance such as code Review and tests
- Excellent problem-solving skills, conceptual skills and a structured, analytical and independent way of working
- Fluent English communication skills for working in an international team
- Love for knowledge exchange and the striving to constantly improve and learn new technologies and concepts
- Great team player with a good sense of humor, willing to learn, and work in an agile cross cultural environment
- Experience with distributed / message-oriented system
- Experience with cloud environments (GCP, AWS)
- Experience with MongoDB
- Good understanding of the OAuth framework and it standards like JWT
- Basic knowledge of Terraform
- Experience with building customer facing APIs
Positivity. Negativity is the enemy of progress.
Trust & Transparency. Promote direct and continuous feedback.
Learning. Be proud if you’ve failed at something. Think big, start small, learn fast!
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.
200 - 500
commercetools has offices across the US, Europe, and Asia Pacific, with headquarters in Germany. Since its founding in 2006, commercetools software has been implemented by Fortune 500 companies across industries, from retail to manufacturing and from telecommunications to fashion.