At StartMonday, we’re taking recruiting to an exciting new level. We started a revolution with 15-second videos for job applications. Now, we’re a public company (CSE:JOB) entering the scale-up phase. Now we're expanding our relationships with partner companies, and we have an increasing need to integrate our systems with theirs.
We are looking for an experienced back-end developer who is passionate about building products that customers love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional Agile teams to design, build and roll out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
You will fit right in if you are:
- Passionate about building solid software that will make strategic connections between our platform back-end and partner platforms.
- Excited by the rapidly-evolving world of a fast-growing startup/scale-up business.
- Self-motivating and self-driven - you don’t wait for others to tell you what you should do next.
- A learner - never satisfied with just carrying on, always trying to improve your craft.
- A sharer - always ready to mentor others and share your expertise.
- A communicator - you’re fluent in English, and excited to be working on a diverse and highly international team. You are comfortable speaking up and don’t keep things to yourself - good or bad.
- A collaborator - You’re respectful of others and a trusted teammate. You listen as well as talk. If there is a dispute, you seek consensus rather than victory, and the good of the team over personal gain.
- Solid experience building server-side code with Node.js
- Experience with deployment on and management of IaaS and PaaS providers, e.g. Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Heroku
- Knowledge of and experience with MongoDB databases
- A solid understanding of REST APIs - how to design and build them - both for internal use in our products and as outward-facing connections to partners
- Experience with AWS Lambda microservice implementation and deployment
- A plus: specific experience specifying and creating inbound and/or outbound API connections between commercial platforms
- Another plus: front-end experience with React.js (so you can better interact with the front-end team)
If this sounds like you we would love to chat ...