The software development team is the engine that drives our ambition to build the world’s best mobile advertising platform. To further strengthen the team Axonix is recruiting an additional Backend Software Developer who will be responsible for turning our product vision and roadmap into best-in-class code that delivers an awesome customer experience.
Based in Barcelona as a member of the international Development team, we are looking for a highly personable individual to play a key role in continuing to develop a platform composed of over 300 AWS EC2 Linux instances that is already serving billions of requests per day globally.
This role requires a person with up-to-date
knowledge of the latest software coding practices, tools and languages.
Ideally someone with strong analytical and problem solving skills, who
can deliver solutions with an optimal balance between development
efforts, deployment costs and time-to-market, whilst ensuring product
requirements are met.
Highly personable, with good communication skills and able to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
Proven flexibility and willingness to ‘roll sleeves up’ as required in the fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment of a growing business.
Good analytical, problem-solving and documentation skills. The ideal candidate must have experience of:
- Java/Spring development
- REST APIs implementation (Spring, Jersey…)
- Unit testing. Knowledge of frameworks like mockito.
- MySQL, PosgreSQL
- High performance, high scalability and high availability systems
- Agile methodologies - experience in agile development, including sprint planning, sprint review and user stories estimation.
It is helpful but not essential:
- AWS: EC2, S3, kinesis, data pipeline, DynamoDB, Elastic Map Reduce – or other cloud environments
- Column-oriented DBMS (like Redshift and Vertica); NoSQL technologies; ETL; Apache Solr
- OpenRTB: Real Time Bidding protocol