We are a young multi-cultural company (look us up at www.frontiersin.org) based in Lausanne, Switzerland, with offices in London, Madrid, Seattle and Beijing. If you are not interested in this job offer or you happen to be a Software Developer that clicked the wrong link 😊, I still recommend you to watch this video from our CEO in a TED talk about Open Science: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPtP6-nAjJ0
Duties for this role
- Bring into Frontiers the DevOps culture and execute and improve the following responsibilities:
- Provision and manage:
- Windows and Linux VMs
- Cloud services
- Perform system health and performance monitoring
- Follow security best practices
- Participate in technical research and developmen
- Contribute to the improvement of processes and quality assurance
- Interface with other areas of the enterprise to facilitate a DevOps process and organization.
- Capacity management of systems infrastructure
Required experience / background / skills
- Proven experience working on environments with Azure based services
- Good understanding of high-level network architecture
- Knowledge in cloud and common security guidelines
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning tools
- Relevant knowledge of application’s architecture and infrastructure
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux OS
- Advanced experience with Docker based systems
- Hands-on experience with Powershell
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Good communication skills In English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment
- Familiarity with monitoring systems
- Hands-on experience with SQL Server
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Knowledge of NoSQL systems (MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis…)
- Experience with another cloud provider (AWS, GCP)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible retribution scheme (nursery cheques, restaurant pass, transportation).
- 25 days vacation per year and Christmas week office closure.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours.
- Great flexibility for working from home.
- Great work-life balance.
- English classes.
- Nice office in good location with excellent public transportation.
- Kitchen space at office.
- Free snacks, fruit and beverages at office.
- Summer and winter parties and after work (beer & tapas) organized by company in a monthly basis.
- *Frontiers has taken the decision to offer our employees full flexibility to work-from-home at least until June 2021.
Please submit your application in English (cover letter and resume).
Applicants must be Spanish or EU citizen, or have a valid Spanish work permit.
Agencies must first contact firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination - including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.