Make Music better through tech and innovation
That thing we do
We’re the Operating System for the Music Industry – a platform that pumps up the jam of every play.
We connect all players of the industry to amplify the value of music. Driven by machine learning and copyright expertise, our system pumps neutral data and authoritative knowledge to everyone along the chain. For those who make or use music, we allow them to plug in to our O.S. to ease operations, increase earnings, and get in sync with everyone else.
Who the FAQ are BMAT
BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona. We’re now over 160 people, spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, Rio de Janeiro, London, Paris, Nairobi, Oslo, Tel-Aviv, Singapore, Tokyo, Manila, Bangkok and Lagos.
We’re a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-traveled, coming from all parts of the world. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for innovative technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination.
Join us from wherever you are on our mission to help make music live forever.
We say there’s a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, and nerdy, but not very hipster (unfortunately). Our way of being is always sprinkled with transparency, perseverance, flexibility, open-mindedness and trustworthiness.
What you'll be doing
As part of the IT team, you will help our different development teams to build and improve their deployments running on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
We are looking for a team player, passionate about music, to help us maintain and grow our service platforms. Your main responsibility will be to maintain and continuously improve our cloud systems infrastructure, automating key processes such as setup, deployment and monitoring. You will be expected to proactively take care of our platforms like your own little tech babies, improving your skills in the process and staying up to date with the latest technologies. BMAT is an ISO 27001 certified company, so information security will be a key component of the role.
All About You
- Experience setting up and maintaining cloud infrastructure in AWS.
- Proficiency in networks and security: VPC, (Open)VPN, routing, firewalls.
- Your natural OS is Linux.
- You use your knowledge of Shell, Python, and automation tools to avoid repeating yourself.
- You are organized in your work, and love monitoring and logging your platforms (CloudWatch, ELK, CheckMK, …).
- Experience using Puppet and/or Ansible for configuration management.
- Experience using Docker and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Experience using git for version control.
- Experience with the rest of the technologies we use in our stack (see below).
About Our Technologies
- Our services run on hybrid infrastructures, we have around 350 physical servers in 5 datacenters and infrastructure in several AWS accounts (using VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, etc.).
- We are strongly oriented towards infrastructure-as-code solutions (puppet, Terraform)
- We use Docker and we’d like to start using clusters like EKS.
- We use Apache, NGINX and Tomcat web / application servers.
- Our data lives in MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Redis databases, and we search it using ElasticSearch.
You can enjoy
- Full-time job.
- Flexible working location and remote working.
- Flexibility on working hours.
- Flat hierarchy.
- Free English and Spanish classes.
- Wide range of online and onsite courses.
- Possibility to choose your hardware and tools.
- Becoming part of a diverse and multicultural team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry
Diverse perspectives drive innovation, and innovation is kind of our thing. Our open-minded and flexible culture organically fosters this diversity. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from all walks of life. Our team is made up of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, orientations, abilities, musical tastes, dress sense and time-zones - but we all have one common goal: Making the music world a better place. With equal opportunities for everyone, BMAT is a pretty nice place to work.
50 - 200
We're a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-travelled, coming from all parts of the world. We like coffee, tea, chai and mate all the same. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination.