FilledThis offer is not available anymore
About Our Crew
Boats Group is the fastest-growing digital business in the recreational boating space. We operate the world’s largest and most popular marketplaces for boats and yachts: Boat Trader, YachtWorld, boats.com and CosasDeBarcos. Even as the #1 destination for more than 65 million boat shoppers every year, we are always innovating. We are a talented team of techies, creatives, marketers, closers and customer advocates who spend each day pushing the boundaries of technology to make buying and selling boats easy.
Our passion and unyielding dedication to getting people on the water influence our culture in ways you won’t find at other companies. We’re the best at what we do because we’re working in an industry we love. When you walk through our doors, you’ll find smart, dedicated people who consider one another family.
We work hard. We move fast. We push each other to be the best. And we spend each day surrounded by 500,000 boats from across the globe.
If you want to work in an inclusive, fast paced environment where we encourage employees to collaborate, leverage their talents and actively shape the future of the company, then you will enjoy working here!
Job Title: AWS DevOps Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Infrastructure Manager
As an AWS DevOps Engineer you will participate in an international team responsible for the
day-to-day health of all of Boats Group’s AWS infrastructure. You will work closely with other
members of the Infrastructure team and the Software Development teams.
What You'll Do
- Ensure the smooth operation of our AWS infrastructure.
- Be available 24/7 for outages, which because of your skill, should rarely, if ever occur.
- Continuously monitor and improve our overall performance, monitoring, and security.
- Assist in the maintenance and improvement of our deployment pipelines.
- Assist developers with access and deployment issues as required.
- Monitor, maintain and improve high-performance websites using Java, PHP and Node.js
- Create tools to automate all the things.
- Monitor and help control AWS infrastructure spending
What You Should Have
- 4+ years of general cloud hosting experience, including - Understanding scalability, clustering, high availability and self-healing
- 3+ years of Amazon AWS experience, specifically in: R53, EC2 (EBS, Snapshots, ELB/ALB/NLB), ECS/ECR (Docker), Cloudwatch, RDS, VPC, Elasticsearch Service, API Gateway
- Scripting in (Bash, Python)
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC – Terraform, Cloudformation)
- CI/CD (Jenkins, Bamboo, Code Pipeline)
- Configuration Management (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- 5+ years of experience in Linux Systems & Network Administration and DevOps
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong communications skills
- Current with DevOps best practices, including security, monitoring and notifications
- Knowledge of a high level scripting language (bash / python / ruby)
- Comfortable with database administration and SQL
- Deep familiarity with the AWS CLI
- Prior experience as a developer extremely preferred
- AWS Certifications preferred
Boats.com company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.