Are you excited about how autonomous driving is going to transform our cities and societies? Are you passionate about huge data sets and machine learning? Do you want to work in a fast-paced environment and take over responsibility and ownership?
We are looking for talented data engineers to help us build cutting edge technology in autonomous driving.
What we do
At MX Automotive our vision is to bring secure L4 and L5 autonomous vehicles (AVs) into European cities. We are building solutions for intelligent data extraction, which automatically filter and categorize raw sensor data collected by AVs and extract semantic metrics relevant for autonomous driving. This does not only critically accelerate development and deployment but can also make data storage more efficient by focusing on the important portions of the data. We are currently working with multiple leading OEMs, Tier 1 suppliers and AV startups to speed up and improve software deployment.
Our fast growing team is made up of entrepreneurs, scientists, and engineers from premier universities (Oxford, ETH, Stanford) around the world. Many of us have PhDs and work experience at top tech companies. We’re based in Europe’s startup capital, Berlin, and are growing quickly!
Merantix is looking for a Data Engineer to join our automotive team and help us to build the leading intelligent data platform for autonomous driving. Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement a large-scale data extraction engine for autonomous vehicles (AVs)
- Develop applications and tools for data integration, quality, analysis & modelling
- Conceptualize and build a data management architecture, which is able to scale to millions of AV recordings
- Technical product integration into customer infrastructure
- Keep up to date with advances in autonomous driving with a particular focus on data management, vehicle safety/robustness, and testing
You will use cutting edge frameworks and infrastructure that enables training, testing, simulation and deployment of autonomous driving technology of our clients. You will work directly with leading researchers and the management of top OEMs, AV companies and Tier 1 suppliers in the highly vibrant and rapidly growing industry of autonomous driving.
We're looking for driven, visionary and thoughtful people with a proven track record of personal, academic and professional achievement:
- BA/BS in computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with distributed data processing frameworks in a production environment, such as Apache Beam, Spark, Kafka Streaming, or Flink
- Solid competence in software engineering with a common programming language such as Python, C++, or similar
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like version control, clean code, code review, testing, continuous delivery and automation
- Solid understanding of cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS)
- Good understanding of trade-offs between different database and storage choices
- Fascination and enthusiasm for the conceptualization, development and deployment of autonomous vehicles as well as related technologies
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- Experience architecting complex, highly distributed systems
- Worked with middlewares / message passing interfaces such as ROS
- In depth experience scaling cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS) in production
- Practical mastery of code optimization and efficiency
- Understanding advanced sensor setups of autonomous cars, i.e. handling data from camera, lidar, radar, or ultrasonic sensors
- Bonus: experience working with machine learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch)
The preferred qualifications are just that: preferred. None of us walked in with all of them. If a few of these points apply to you, we definitely want to talk!
What we offer
Our hierarchy is flat and communication direct, which means that we operate and learn fast, as a team. You are a great fit for our team if this describes you:
- Competitive salary and benefits (e.g. company hardware and lunches).
- Creative and technical environment: As we work on cutting edge technology, we are forced to do things differently and take new paths. We love challenging the status quo and finding creative solutions for challenges.
- Work-life balance: Some of us come in during regular business hours, and some of us prefer to start later or earlier. We are a fully trust based organization and believe in ownership and responsibility.
- Professional Development: We encourage our employees to continuously develop their personal skill set at seminars, workshops, conferences or through other methods.
- Collaborative Culture: We have regular off-sites and team dinners. If you want to participate, that's great! And if you don't, that's fine, too.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply, and we can help with immigration.