Daye is a pre-launch female healthtech startup developing a platform that will enable women to take control of their wellbeing via innovative new products, accessible screening and a data-driven tracking application.
We are currently developing the world’s first plastic-free, pain-relieving tampon: we use natural fibers, as part of our commitment to environmental sustainability, in our tampons and infuse them with pharma-grade, hemp CBD to offer an immediate, effective form of pain relief.
We are a team of 6 based in East London and have raised over £1M from leading investors such as Index and Kindred.
About the Role
You will work closely with Alex, our Director of Manufacturing, to bring Daye tampons to market by Autumn.
Although we source the final organic tampons from the largest supplier in the world, the CBD coating and re-packaging of these is done in-house. We are currently setting up our own warehouse and clean room to that end. You will come in to help prototyping, developing, programming and executing the machines needed to accomplish this.
This is an exciting challenge that no one else is currently working on and would give you the opportunity to work in a very exciting healthtech/femtech pharma-grade product manufacturing.
What you will accomplish
• Develop custom machinery for feminine hygiene products from prototype to full-scale production;
- Prototyping methods of production;
- Sourcing components and ancillary systems;
- Assembly fabrication;
- Develop control systems and programming.
• Maximising output efficiency over time and maintenance.
• Expertise in electronics and programming;
• Experience in machine design, developing machinery from concept to realisation and comfortable designing electro-mechanical systems;
• Good working knowledge of various Automation Systems, such as: Siemens S7 PLC’s, Allen Bradley RS Logix, MicroLogix, CompactLogix, Beckhoff Controls, Profibus/ASlbus & Ethernet networking, Servo Drives and associated controls, variable speed drives;
• Comfortable sourcing, specifying, designing, building and programming above automation systems;
• Experience of systems and processes within a high-speed production line or multi-skilled FMCG environment, highly beneficial;
• Experience in the pharmaceutical industry, highly beneficial;
• Comfortable working with and designing both electrical and mechanical systems;
• Used to working in a fast-paced working environment, iterating designs quickly;
• Comfortable working with projects in the R&D phase, dealing with a certain amount of ambiguity and uncertainty surrounding the project, and being able to adapt to changes as we develop our product is a must;
• Experience with R&D prototyping would be good;
• Experience in CAD;
• Driven by creating positive environmental impact and social change;
• Entrepreneurial in spirit with experience in start up environments;
• Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and doing it.
• Competitive salary;
• Stock options;
• A casual, dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment;
• Flexible hours;
• Health insurance.