Are you passionate about identifying customer problems and innovating to build technology that solves them at scale while simplifying the lives of everyday software engineers?
APM helps our users understand their backend services, and quickly solve issues with critical applications through MELT telemetry in the context of their entire stack at their fingertips using New Relic's Observability platform. Our APM observability products are used by hundreds of thousands of users monthly, helping to deliver more flawless software to millions of end users every day! It's a core part of our business and a foundational element of our Observability platform.
We need a curious, enterprising Associate Product Manager to help build on our success and help build out our next chapter!
You'll be in a group responsible for building our product strategy and vision, engaging directly with customers, working with engineering and designers to create solutions, and scaling the business in partnership with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams.
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
- Work with peers and leadership to help build our strategy informed by customer and market insights, competition, technical capability, and internal programs/assets.
- In collaboration with engineering, define a detailed product roadmap for your initiatives.
- Responsible for the full product lifecycle for key product development – from requirements definition, to delivery, to end of life for key features.
- Establish business metrics and key customer/market research questions and work with research to collect key customer insights to decide on optimisation or new product development.
- Maintain an active view of key competitors and their anticipated next moves. Deeply engage other parts of the team in this process.
- Software technical product management, software engineering, or an equivalent educational or career background
- Demonstrate experience in software development including planning and delivery
- Basic understanding of how modern technology systems communicate and are designed
- Strong social skills, including the ability to seek consensus, lead via data driven decisions, perseverance and determination.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills, including data analysis.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience
- Prior experience using or working with Observability tools
- Background in SaaS and cloud-based software.
Our hiring process
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.