We are looking for an Area Manager Connectivity in Western Europe based in Barcelona or Paris.
The Connectivity Partnerships team is part of the Partner Services department and helps in managing the ecosystem of technology companies who are providing IT solutions for Booking.com BV’s accommodation partners. This can range from channel management and property management systems to online booking engines and revenue management. The objective of the Connectivity Partnerships team in Amsterdam is to become the trusted advisor for Booking.com’s Connectivity partners, and to develop existing and new connectivity partnerships to drive a joint and healthy business operation and accelerate on a mutual growth ambition.
As the world’s leading accommodation site, Booking.com is at the centre of a fast transforming market where guests expect the best possible experience in arranging their travel accommodation. To lead this transformation and to deliver on Booking.com’s mission, it’s of strategic importance to drive a high adoption of the products and connectivity innovations by Booking.com’s eco-system of connectivity partners.
As an Area Manager Connectivity, you are responsible for day to day management and professional development of members of the Connectivity team in Western Europe. You will also be responsible for the functional management of the members of the Connectivity team in the local offices in this region. This role includes aligning priorities to Booking.com’s strategy, setting ambitious and motivating goals, and resource planning for a team with multiple direct and indirect reports.
You will be responsible to ensure that you and your team will directly support Booking.com BV’s connectivity and accommodation partners as well as provide support for internal teams (i.e. account management teams in local partner services departments).
In this role you will report directly to the Regional Manager Connectivity Partnerships in EMEA and will work closely with other Connectivity teams across the globe: Booking Suite, Booking Home and other Product teams headquartered in Amsterdam.
- Assist Booking.com BV with driving sustainable growth of Connectivity Partnerships and meet quarterly business objectives
- Translate Booking.com’s global strategy from headquarters and adapt to local needs while owning the end-to-end execution of this strategy in the region
- Provide regular business updates in the region, maintaining a strong connection with central teams
- Be the first point of contact for the Connectivity team in HQ for your region
- Build and extend a strong relationship with key current accommodation and IT/Connectivity partners as well as potential future partners of Booking.com BV
- Drive next level account management with Connectivity Partners, based on mutual consent, actionable business plans and driving joint benefits
- Day-to-day management and guidance of a team of Connectivity Partner Business Managers the local offices in the region. This includes both professional development and regular coaching of team members
- Responsible for motivating the team in pursuit of optimization of partner connections both on hotel chain and IT/Connectivity Partner level
- Support identifying opportunities to enhance or innovate on Connectivity interfaces including new initiatives such as BookingSuite and Booking Home
- 5+ years of experience in partner development, sales, business development in the technology industry
- 3+ years of experience in managing a remote community of partner business managers with direct reports in multiple office locations
- Strong people manager with experience managing an effective team and attracting and growing talent
- Strong business orientation on trends and development in the hotel technology industry
- A good understanding of cloud business models and how applications & services are brought to market
- Passionate about technology and support: You live and breathe to create solutions, and you love the feeling of satisfying partners and building long lasting, impactful business relationships
- Natural habit to engage with C-Level executives and ability to shift gears to technology when needed
- Experience with technology platforms and solutions with a reasonable level of technical proficiency
- Great communicator with ability to work with, influence, and align with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities
- Knowledgeable of OTA (Open Travel Alliance) specifications, is a strong plusB
- Ability to solve complex problems, deal with constraints and can come up with creative solutions
- Fluent in English both spoken and written, additional languages are a plu
- Ability to travel 30-50% of the time