Returnly is a B2B2C FinTech platform headquartered in San Francisco that focuses on turning returns into revenue for e-Commerce brands. We work with over 700 brands ranging from SMB to Enterprise and we have offices in Chicago, San Francisco, and Madrid.
As an Applied ML Engineer, you will work with Product, Science, Engineering, Analytics, Sales, Customer Success, and Finance teams to define and build meaningful data products to help drive revenue, optimize processes, and monitor impact. You will become an expert on our merchant and shopper data, and seek to use that knowledge to provide an enhanced product experience. This is a cross-functional role in which you’ll work with the Science and Engineering leads as well as the CEO, CTO and other members of leadership to help prioritize data projects that will have the biggest impact for Returnly merchants and shoppers.
- Breaking down business problems into statistical and machine learning problem formulations for actionable insights
- Develop robust anomaly detection models based on relational, textual, image, and time series data
- Use machine learning methods to produce insights from infrastructure and configuration data
- Use feature engineering to extract the best features for a problem and apply suitable regularization techniques for robust analysis
- Create new statistical models to correlate data from several different sources
- Create quality software in Python and Java to access, process and analyze data
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- BS Degree Computer Science or related field from an accredited university (MS Degree preferred)
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, object oriented design and patterns
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-means, k-NN, - Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, HMM, Neural nets, Deep learning etc.
- Expert level programming experience with Python, SQL and bash
- Experience with Git
- Experience building highly scalable solutions in real-time analysis for large data sets
- Effective communicator who can work with stakeholders to define requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; attention to detail
- Prior history of driving impact in a high-growth eCommerce/technology startup is a plus
- The desire to improve broken processes and make your own job easier over time
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across various departments
- Command of the English language, both written and spoken
Returnly company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.