We are building a distributed, scalable hybrid cloud platform that serves high volume real-time sensor data and analytics to help maintain service levels to support some of the world’s largest enterprises.
We deliver Optimisation as a Service (OaaS) applications to the natural resources industry. As a growing startup, our disruptive, subscription-based service offers insights based on physical and mathematical modelling, data analysis and machine learning. In the Data Science team we apply whatever mathematical or statistical technique can best help our customers save energy, reduce water consumption and improve productivity. Based in Cambridge, UK and Barcelona, Spain and Santiago, Chile but with remote employees in multiple locations worldwide, IntelliSense.io is a dynamic and exciting place to work. Our Data Science team includes PhDs in Artificial Neural Networks, Engineering, Solid State Physics and Applied Mathematics, and has experience researching biomedical data analysis, energy and natural resource policy, macroeconomic hysteresis, scanning tunnelling microscopy and other topics.
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for an Applied Data Scientist to develop world class models to optimise mining processes through Brains.App, our Industrial Internet of Things applications platform.
The role would require a curious individual who could transition from an academic to a commercial role and could be involved in many areas of our business. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Rapidly gaining an understanding of new systems, processes, and equipment in the mining sector.
- Evaluating the state of research on modelling and then simulating target systems.
- Identifying patterns and correlations in data sets, even when the data is poor and noisy, or limited, or both.
- Applying various mathematical, statistical and machine learning techniques to infer missing values, predict future states and produce recommendations for our customers.
- Implement models and ideas and visualise the results.
- Work with our Engineering team to develop production code implementing the models you have developed.
- Collaborate with our Sales, Services and Applications teams in working with our customers and partners.
- Identifying market opportunities, new technologies and approaches which can benefit our product and our customers
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Machine Learning, or another discipline with significant numerical, analytical and/or computational content
- 3 years’ experience in an academic, industrial or commercial environment in a similar role
- Proven track record of working independently in an interdisciplinary team
- A strong capacity for communicating complicated concepts to non-experts
- Ability to learn new concepts and strong problem solving skills
- Prior experience in at least one of the following subjects:
- developing mathematical, statistical and/or computational models of industrial processes and equipment
- mathematical modelling in mineral processing or control systems design
- machine learning
- programming high-performance numerical or mathematical software
- Proficiency in a language other than English would be a plus
- Desire to work outside of your comfort zone
Our ideal candidate would be able to work locally in one of our existing offices (Cambridge, Barcelona, Santiago), but we would be willing to consider remote working for exceptional applicants.
What we can offer you
An opportunity to get involved at an early stage in one of the most exciting and disruptive technologies that is going to revolutionise every industrial sector. The combination of Industrial Internet of Things, Analytics, and Optimisation is considered to be the next big thing and we are already making it real through real-life customers that are deploying our technology on real-world problems.
We offer a competitive salary + quarterly project-based incentive & equity options in the company.