We are looking for an Applications Engineer to join our amazing Customer Success team in Barcelona.
Your mission is to be a thought leader internally and externally on a specific vertical, sharing Worldsensing’s expertise and designing specific solutions for clients. You will be involved in providing technical support, collaborate with product engineers for designing and developing leading-edge solutions and products and acquiring market intelligence. You will be also involved in has to provide support for selling and developing the training and marketing material for our products/solutions specifically in the assigned market vertical.
You will be responsible for:
- Coordinating with the sales and marketing team, product management team, and engineering for designing proper application system, and formulating the product specification as per the customer's needs.
- Evaluating the customer's requirement regarding systems application.
- Preparing technical proposals, defining the technical solution guidelines for the sales team offer support.
- Assisting customers in maintaining the system efficiently. Analyzing technological problems in installed systems, checking its technical resolution and working conditions, and fixing it if required.
- Collaborating with the sales team, engineers, and product managers for obtaining accurate information about application requirements, system operations, and product usage.
- Troubleshooting installed systems on customer's request, resolving other engineering issues regarding systems application, conducting regular follow up on customer's activities, and monitoring the same for obtaining new sales opportunities.
- Preparing relevant records, data, and documents for product presentations, conducting training sessions for demonstrating new products and services, and supporting the sales team in organizing the presentation and training on product demonstration.
- Participating in different seminars, conferences, and meetings for promoting the devised application engineering products, evaluating the performance and credibility of systems application, along with developing and optimizing the system architecture for the specific vertical needs.
- Providing market intelligence for the specific vertical, acquiring relevant information of the key current and potential customers, partners and competitors.
- Occasionally acting as Project Manager on key specific opportunities.
- Travelling at least 25% of the time to visit customers to provide appropriate training and participating in seminars and conferences.
- General business training and you have at least 5 to 7 years’ experience in a similar position internationally and in the sale of services and equipment.
- An engineering degree is a plus.
- Successful business experience in the field of sensors or/and on any of the Worldsensing sectors, preferably Mining Engineering but we also are considering candidates with Civil engineering & Construction and Oil&Gas Engineering.
- A strong geotechnical background will be a strong advantage for this position;
- Fluent in English.
- Good working proficiency in Spanish.
- Availability to travel at least 25% of the time, mostly outside of the EU.
- Permanent work contract
- Great work environment
- Work-life balance
- Office amenities, i.e. fresh fruit and coffee
- We love to learn and we love to share so you will actively participate in our knowledge sharing groups
- Internal activities (communities, tech chapters, show and tell, forums)
- Develop new ideas and really test them by participating in our annual Hackweeks
- Monthly teamwork activities
- A diverse, international team
- Opportunity to work for a global IoT player which has been labeled as one of the organizations actively shaping the Smart City ecosystem and pioneering the Industrial Internet