About Liferay Cloud
Liferay Cloud has grown from a handful of people into an established group present in all regions of the globe. The Liferay DXP Cloud platform evolved from a simple concept into an enterprise-ready solution. Our customer base now serves hundreds of thousands of users worldwide. Along with making cool software, we have a greater-than-profit vision that fuels us. We give employees 5 days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about and we donate a portion of our profits to various charities around the world each year. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run.
- Be in charge of a team of 5-7 people
- Set priorities, following company’s OKRs and the Roadmap
- Mentor the members of your team, lead resolutions, take ownership of issues
- Give proper, frequent and immediate feedback to individuals, teams and management
- Identify missing knowledge in order to help people to grow
- Recognize strengths and weaknesses: know your teammates' abilities and interests so that you know who excels in which area and also who needs help to improve.
- Onboard new individuals, clarifying and improving the process
- Perform 1-1 meetings
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with managing people and leading a team
- Experience with managed Kubernetes services such as GKE, EKS, or AKS. Experience with GKE (Google Kubernetes Engine) will be a plus.
- Preferable experience working remotely and/or with a distributed team
- Ability to multitask, stay organized, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
What do we offer
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.