Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, dailymotion commands 4 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
Dailymotion is looking for a talented and experienced Software Engineer to join the Tribe Scale, based in Paris. You will be in charge of our Rest API Engine evolution and evangelization. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Swiss-Knife Engineer who will work on various innovating projects, from backend architecture to code optimisations. You need to be framework agnostic due to our different technical stack and a kind of hybrid software/systems engineers to ensure that Dailymotion API services run smoothly and have the capacity for future growth.
- Be aware of the "Build, Ship & Run" mindset.
- Write & Review code.
- Write documentation about the projects in charge of your team.
- Together with your engineering manager, you will work on incidents process and release.
- Build solutions which will focused more on horizontal scaling than vertical.
- Contribute to Open Source projects and promotion of our public API.
- Work with AGILE methodologies (Scrum and Kanban) and drive team ceremonies.
- A minimum of five years of Software development experience in a tech company
- Demonstrate mastery of at least 2 languages (PHP, Python, GO etc), the more agnostic, the better.
- Good analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals.
- Strong knowledge of APIs and their ecosystems (Rest & GraphQL)
- Able to differentiate SQL and NoSQL.
- Demonstrate knowledge of web tools (Apache, nginx, memcache, Redis, git, etc.).
- Understand server-side frameworks principles.
- Understand monitoring, logging and graphing tools along with the underlying principles.
- Knowledge of Linux, distributions and packaging principles
- Knowledge of cloud computing platform and concepts as AWS or Google Cloud platform
- Knowledge of docker / kubernetes and tooling
- Good level of fluency in English (spoken and written)
Location: Paris, France
Type of contract: full and permanent