“Delivering innovative digital magazine content on every device in every country.”
Zinio brings innovation and inspiration to the world of magazine publishers and consumers by delivering the ultimate digital reading experience on any device. As a pioneer Zinio operates online web newsstands and award-winning iOS and Android apps, providing access to digital magazines & articles in more than 30 languages, which can be read online and offline on any platform.
Zinio Pro converts print magazines to digital content through a Software as a service (SaaS) platform that transforms PDF to other formats such as XML, ePub or ANF and distributes it to different platforms such as Amazon Kindle, Apple News or Zinio Pro’s white label publisher web and mobile apps.
The company has delivered 750M digital magazine editions across more than 8,5k titles from 1.3k publishers in 200 countries to over 10M customers.
Zinio is looking for an Android Tech Lead in their Barcelona office.
As a seasoned Tech Lead, you know how to surf around different teams and priorities but also focus on the task at hand. You enjoy taking difficult challenges where the limitations are not always necessarily technical. You know when to stop and do things the right way and when getting stuff done.
At the same time, you also know several technologies and which one to use for the right thing. You enjoy building good software and even better if you do it with a great team working together to learn from them and teach them alike.
You have more than five (5) years of experience battling in high availability and scalable applications, and at least (2) years of experience managing engineering teams, demonstrating high technical level and leadership capabilities. You feel confident leading teams by teaching with example and mentoring best practices, all with a reduced ego and learning attitude.
With that, you will be responsible for our Android Team (2 Android Engineers + 1 Software QA Engineer).
What we expect from you:
- At least 5+ years of experience in Android development using Android SDK and Android Studio.
- +2 years of management experience.
- Demonstrated experience and an understanding of OOP, Design Patterns, and Android memory management.
- Experience developing for multiple screen sizes to adapt with most devices such as mobile phones, tablets, including portrait & landscape. Great understanding of ConstraintLayout new androidx views and Material Design.
- Experience with multi-module applications.
- Good understanding of MVP and MVVM architectures, Reactive patterns with Flow, and dependency injection with Dagger 2.
- Experience with concurrency including Threads, Coroutines, and scheduling techniques.
- Solid understanding of Java and Kotlin.
- Experience with Unit testing with mockk.
- Experience with build and delivery systems. Experience with fastlane is a plus.
- Excellent English communication skills, speaking and writing.
Why You’ll Love Working with us:
- We are a technology company, and we invest in technology!
- We lead our sector of activity and are always facing challenging new projects.
- We have a highly skilled team so you can learn from your colleagues: knowledge sharing is strongly encouraged and lived. We do team tech meetups every now and then to investigate promising technologies.
- Training budget for those books and courses that will benefit Zinio and you.
- Agile/ Scrum way of working and philosophy.
- You will be part of a multicultural team, working with different countries.
- We have a fun, friendly & international work environment.
- Flexible working hours and availability of work from home.
We Offer Great Benefits Including:
- Open space office in Barcelona with awesome views.
- Team-building activities.
- Free digital magazines.
- Fresh fruit, tea & good (unlimited) coffee.
We offer a competitive salary package and a flexible salary plan including:
- Health Insurance Program.
- Meal, Public Transportation Card & Nursery.