Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed... these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we're able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we've got a winning combination
We will deliver a brand new marketplace product for Schibsted which will touch every aspect of Schibsted’s technology stack and so we are recruiting broadly across all skills and levels. To deliver to 12 marketplaces in 2016/17 and system and UI components across all of Schibsted’s properties. This UI will support be customisation to serve any of Schibsted's marketplace sites and components that can be directly used by all Schibsted teams: globally touching 120 million users across 35 markets. As part of this, we are building a raft of microservices to power our new platform and cutting edge mobile apps. That will be delivering technologies such as; a dynamic experimentation platform, personalisation, real time messaging, deep customisations and client side deep learning networks.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team, develop client code that can be used by many disparate properties. Develop prototypes quickly but deliver production code that works well in emerging and established markets
- Be involved in a full spectrum of mobile engineering, including new features and new applications but also SDKs and tools to support experimentation, localisation and customisation.
- Develop and implement systems using best practices and tools. Document and communicate them.
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions but pragmatic and committed to code optimization, maintainability, and quality
- Understand the issues of working in emerging markets - old handsets and low bandwidth networks whilst also delivering a modern, performant app.
- Work with product owners and designers to prioritise and hone features.
- Optimize iOS apps for maximum speed and scale.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science (or similar); we like to see technologists who distinguished themselves by being a high-achiever in their class, through sheer determination and a commitment to personal excellence. Otherwise, you could also come from a top-tier University.
- Distinctiveness - someone who can help us raise the bar.
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems; with real intellectual curiosity and generalism
- Demonstrated mastery and deep experience of Android SDK development - with experience shipping robust mobile technologies or cutting-edge apps that have been enjoyed by large numbers of users.
- Excellent, deep experience of Java and the JVM are (of course) necessary - it’s Android!
- Someone who has experience working collaboratively with geographically distributed teams (we have hubs in London, Barcelona, Stockholm and Oslo) would be preferable.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!