We are starting to consolidate our team in Barcelona in a fun and friendly international work environment.
As an Android Engineer, you will design and develop new Android applications that interact with kids and parents using the monqi solution. You will closely work with designers, product managers and engineers to develop new and engaging mobile experiences on the Android platform.
Your skills & expertise
- Computer Science degree or similar
- Proven working experience in Android development (4+ years)
- Professional Android development experience, with a proven history of shipping Android apps
- Deep knowledge of Android best practices, performance, optimization.
- Advanced knowledge of the Android SDK and tools
- Strong OOP & Java skills
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Passionate about technology and UX/UI
- Good communication skills in English (no high level of Spanish is required)
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git preferred)
- Experience in Android launcher development will be highly appreciated
- Knowledge of AOSP (Android Open Source Project) or LineageOS is a big plus
- Knowledge and experience in Automated Testing Tools as Espresso, JUnit, Robolectric, UIAutomator is a plus
Our mission is to enable children, as young as 6-12 years, to be independent users of smartphones and tablets and provide parents the opportunity to stay close.
With monqi’s products, parents can introduce smartphones and tablets to their children - safely.
monqi can grow with the child as parents can manage features, apps, cost, time spent, set schedules, and observe behaviours, whereabouts and use patterns. monqi is the best way for children to start using a smartphone and tablet and for parents to stay close and play a part.