At Cuvva we’re building insurance the way it should be.
No more lengthy forms. No more waiting on hold. No more ‘computer says no’ attitude.
We’ve gone back to basics to build products that actually work for the customer.
We are super focused on creating a friendly, simple and hassle-free customer experience.
Don’t just take our word for it - check out our website (https://www.cuvva.com (https://workable.com/nr?l=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cuvva.com%2Fsupport) ), click on the speech bubble in the bottom right hand corner and chat to one of the team.
About the Cuvva team
We get it. Insurance isn’t traditionally considered exciting. At Cuvva we’re changing insurance and we are looking for people who find that as exciting as we do.
We're building a diverse team and we welcome people with different types of experience and outlooks.
You’ll really thrive at Cuvva if you have a ‘can do’ approach, are willing to try your hand at different things, have ideas and show initiative.
We are looking for an experienced Android developer who will help us lay the foundations for the next couple of years of the user-facing side of Cuvva’s platform. You will have some experience building complex apps in a modular fashion with elegance and simplicity. You care deeply about building rock-solid infrastructure for the long term, with a track record of delivering solutions which support your team and product: Cuvva as seen by our customers will be created by you.
You will be responsible for:
* Bringing our new design concepts to realisation (let us know if you’d like a peek!)
* Collaborating with our platform team to spec out API requirements
* Helping customers and fixing any problems they have (everyone at Cuvva helps out with support)
We’re committed to ensuring that everyone has a fair chance to join Cuvva, whatever your background. We will always treat your application in a fair and equal manner.
* A fiercely independent and self-driven approach
* 3+ years' experience in Android dev
** Less is acceptable if you have commercial experience in other languages
* Played with Android since its early days
* Experience dealing with adapting tightly defined designs for responsive display
* We are a small team so it is important that the successful candidate is not only technically competent, but also a great cultural fit!
N.B. You must have permission to work in the UK
As well as a competitive salary (£50-75k, dependent on experience) and equity based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include:
* working in our new (dog friendly 🐕❤️) offices in Shoreditch
* monthly team outings
* personal development budget
* brand new MacBook Pro
* cycle to work scheme
* and of course significant savings on your insurance 💸