As an Android Developer, you will have the opportunity to build solutions that engage millions of sports fans worldwide. Working with a wide range of data sources and native technologies, building custom UI experiences for sports fans. You will progress your own skills and expertise along the way, sharing and learning new technologies and techniques across the team. At Pulselive, we pride ourselves in providing a collaborative environment that ensures we produce leading products across web and native applications.
- Producing Android code to a high standard that not only functions correctly but can be understood and extended by other members of the team
- Showing good attention to detail in the final product, taking care and pride in what is produced
- Communicating clearly both technically and creatively, to ensure the best possible solutions are built
- Tracking and communicating progress within a project across the project team, especially the Project/Product Manager
- Managing test releases for internal and external use
- Developing own skills to get as many aspects of Android development to an expert level, as possible
- Sharing of ideas and techniques across the team, contributing to and learning from the team as a whole
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
Expert knowledge of
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Kotlin/Java for Android
- Supporting designs on different screen sizes and resolutions
- Android SDK and App Lifecycle
- Design patterns like MVVM, MVP and/or MVI
- Web service integration (REST, JSON) using Retrofit and OkHttp
- GIT usage and code management
- Reactive and functional programming (Rx, Coroutines, Flow etc.)
- Task/ticket management tools such as JIRA
- Documenting Android solutions and code
- Integrating with and using third party libraries/applications (e.g. video providers)
- Full Android development lifecycle from project creation to release signing
- Android Architecture Components and jetpack libraries for example viewmodel, navigation components, dynamic feature modules, app bundles, etc.
- App modularisation and Clean Architecture
- Persistent storage solutions
- Continuous Integration solutions
- Unit testing experience using jUnit and Mockito
At Pulselive we truly value our team and have developed our approach to ensure you are not only rewarded for your contribution but have access to unique benefits along with a positive approach to wellness. We want to ensure that your career, health and well-being are of the utmost importance at all times.
Benefits & Wellness
- Flexible & Remote Working
- Buy and Sell Annual Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Sporting Events and Tickets
- Health & Wellness Activities
- Complimentary Headspace Access
- Annual Wellness Contribution
- Mobile Phone Contribution
- Sony Discounts
At Pulselive we create experiences that sports fans can't live without. We exist to unlock the power of sport through technology by uniting communities, entertaining, and inspiring people around the world.
Our work is dedicated to one of the most socially impactful activities on the planet - sport. As a technology company, we strive to provide equal access and enjoyment to every new and existing sports fan, the world over. We’re a team of highly talented and engaged creatives, engineers, product managers and researchers that collaborate to make this happen. This empowers us conceptualising, developing and managing digital platforms, reaching millions of sports fans every day; whether that’s the official Cricket World Cup website or the Premier League’s mobile apps.
Our team is over 120 strong, predominantly in the UK, with a number of offices including Australia, Spain and the United States.
Our Commitment to you
Securing and investing in the best talent is one of our Key Principles; it’s integral we have a diverse team of individuals who feel challenged and valued. While you don’t have to be a sports fan yourself, you’ll need to embrace the power of teamwork.
We take professional development seriously and ensure every person at Pulselive receives a range of learning opportunities. We focus on your long term career goals, rather than your existing responsibilities.
We are firm believers in flexibility, both location and when you work. We trust each other to be responsible, ensuring the work gets done but balanced around our own lives.
Our response to COVID 19
During this time Team Pulselive are working remotely to deliver sports experiences that fans can’t live without. We are continuing to hire and onboard fantastic people into our teams during the COVID pandemic and have adapted our processes to ensure we can deliver a virtual recruitment process that keeps you and our teams safe. During our recruitment process, you can expect to interact with us via one-way video interview, virtual meetings and telephone. The Talent Acquisition and Hiring Teams are here to support you through your recruitment journey, so please feel free to contact us if you require any assistance.
Our new starters are joining the business remotely and we want to ensure you feel like part of our team. From onboarding to team interactions and company all hands, we will ensure you have everything you need to succeed as your onboard with Pulselive.