PAGOFX, A FINTECH COMPANY PART OF SANTANDER DIGITAL IS LOOKING FOR AN ANDROID DEVELOPER BASED IN OUR MADRID OFFICE.
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY
Would you like to be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades? In Financial Services, consumer expectations are rising, and technological advances are enabling amazing customer experiences and new businesses not possible before. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has re-shaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services.
At Santander (www.santander.com) we embrace this change. We are on a mission to improve international financial services for individuals and SMBs around the globe. Our team members are coming from very different type of companies, including banks such as Santander obviously, tech such as Amazon, PayPal or Fintechs. We believe in the power of diversity in backgrounds, nationality, gender and more. Our offices are in co-working spaces in Madrid, London and Brussels, where dress code goes from t-shirt to tie (very rarely). We are looking for a Android Developer for PagoFX to join our office in Madrid, Spain.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As an Android Developer, you will be responsible for the development and some testing of the One Pay FX Android App. You will be working in a multi-location agile environment, working closely with a Technical Lead, giving technical recommendations to deliver the product quickly and safely, without compromising quality. You’ll be passionate about moving One Pay FX forward, be a champion of best practices, and software design patterns.
Going more granular, we need someone like you to help us in different fronts:
- Cooperate in shaping the Architecture for the Android App.
- Design and build applications for the Android platform.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Write unit and eventually UI and Integration tests.
- Helping other Developers to succeed.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years of relevant Android Development experience, mostly in Kotlin.
- Experience writing secure code
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Experience with Espresso.
- Very strong Kotlin skills and JAVA exposure
- Working with restful APIs.
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery techniques (including shell scripting).
- Testing Doubles.
- Used to work in Agile software delivery process (Scrum) and gitFlow.
- Language skills - proficient in English and Spanish
- 10 % international travel
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible hours, vacations and work from home policy.
- Highly professional, multi-cultural and cross-functional team to constantly learn from.
- Bleeding edge international payments platform deployed to cloud to enjoy working on.
- Plenty of courses and professional trainings to keep on with development of personal and professional skills.
Join us in this transformation journey!
Now available in the UK, PagoFX is the international money transfer backed by Santander but open to everyone, no matter who you bank with. So if you need to send money to your kids on their gap year, make payments for your property abroad or manage business payments to foreign suppliers, you can enjoy the reliablity that comes with the backing of a global bank.
Whether it’s a small or large payment, a regular transfer or a one-off, we give every customer a competitive rate – every time. We show a full cost breakdown up front, showing what you’ll pay and what your recipient gets, so no nasty surprises.
When you’re sending money abroad, you want to know it’s being looked after. Being backed by Santander means we take money and data protection seriously. It’s why we ask for identity verification before you make your first payment, ensuring that you and your money stay protected every step of the way. PagoFX is regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as an authorised payment institution, protecting payments that go through the app.
We believe the best support is the one that treats you like a real person. Who better to do that than a dedicated team of real people rather than chatbots? So, if you have a question about your payment or just want a little more information our expert team is available via in-app chat or email. Getting help is now as easy as saying ‘hello’.