Our SumUp office In Berlin is now hiring for the position of Android Developer.
You’ll shape the core experience of merchants who are using the Android App on a daily basis.
the first few weeks, you'll dive into the code and learn how to create
clean, composable components in our codebase. You'll use this knowledge
to start developing and refining features. You'll learn how we write
tests, how we manage bluetooth communication, and how we keep
In the first three months, you'll
develop major features that impact our merchant base. You'll work
closely with product and design departments to build features that are
maintainable, usable, and beautiful. You'll help us re-think problems
we've solved before in a different way as requirements evolve.
By the end of your first year, you'll have a wealth of knowledge about our complex problem domain, as well as its implications in the interface and in the backend – and how to manage it in a clean way. You'll have launched numerous features in the Android App as well as in the Android SDK.
You will fit in perfectly to our team if:
- You're comfortable with Java and the Android framework. You also know how to get things done on the command line.
- You know what to test, why to test it, and how to write flexible tests that won't break.
- You care about user interaction, usability, and of course making the interface beautiful.
- You strive for clean code, but also know how to make your "shortcuts" easy to delete in a crunch.
- You love coding and take the time to reflect on all aspects of your implementation, be it the frameworks, languages or processes.
- You're not afraid to use Google or ask for help when something is beyond your grasp.
- Your precise communication skills make working in a distributed team effective and efficient.
- Technology excites you and you strive to learn something on a daily basis!
More reasons to work at SumUp
- The Mobile Team: You'll be with people who care about mutual learning, keeping our technical knowledge up-to-date, and discussing ideas that contribute to not only the company's success but keeping everyone well-rounded and hands-on.
- Opportunity to attend tech meetups and conferences with the team (especially if you're giving a talk!).
- Convenient location in the heart of Berlin Mitte.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, table tennis, beer in the fridge, and a shiny MacBook Pro.
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer, and yoga.
We are looking forward to meet our next teammate! In the application form, you will be asked for the following:
- Tell us more about your "technical you". You can choose whether to include a link to your Xing/LinkedIn, a link to your github, tech blog, or portfolio – whatever you think will give us the complete picture!
- Tell us about one of your favorite coding challenges you encountered in the last two years: what was it about, how you tackled it, and what you learned. Technical details encouraged!
If you want to know what it’s like to work at SumUp check our careers page: https://sumup.com/careers.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. We
started out 5 years ago and built our payment service from scratch to
shake up the industry and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone. We
created a unique device that with the smartphone that’s in your pocket,
allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether our
merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology
that everyone knows how to use. So our merchants can get on with what
they do best. From our paperless onboarding to taking the first payment,
we make it easy. Traditional offerings leave out small businesses, we
don’t. We are open and honest about our pricing and have no hidden fees.
hundreds of thousands of small businesses in 30 countries around the
world rely on SumUp to get paid. In addition to our original hardware,
mobile and web apps we have gone on to develop a suite of APIs and SDKs
to integrate SumUp payment into other apps and services.
Why work for us?
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value & service. We know how vital payment is to small business, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. If you’re looking for the chance to innovate, and disrupt the payment industry – join us. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We’ve got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to help us tackle them. If you think you’ve got what it takes - join us.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!