We consider the mobile team within Fourthline to be the Power Rangers! But our team of 4 rangers (3 developers and our PO) is incomplete and cannot ‘morph’ our SDK into complete sync! That means we are looking for you as our second Android developer to work with Vadym. You have great skills in Kotlin, ts latest frameworks, know a lot about unit testing and write clean code. And almost without saying... as Power Ranger you are a great team player!
Current situation: “oh nohhhh, we cannot morph”
But when you join and we are completely in sync we can save the city from all monster attacks again!
Near future: “Party time... uhhh time to get to work...”
Next to saving Angel Grove (the city) you will build a kickass SDK that will influence the lives of millions of users! Flawless onboarding while opening a new bank account! Therefore, we need your karate skills for:
- Our SDK version 2. A current project where we improve production and integration for our clients (also alignment with Android app)
- Improve overall testing and the unit testing coverage to 80-90% (not nearly there!)
- Improve customer satisfaction (no escalations, thorough testing, higher session quality)
- Integration of more AI functionalities in the SDK (Google Vision Frameworks from Kotlin)
- NFC technology should be fully integrated in our SDK
- Working on our demo app to commercialize this awesome product!
Why do you want to work here?
- Working with latest tech in Kotlin and some Computer Vision frameworks
- A super strong team with senior skills. Vadym (awesome Android dev + brings his dog to work!), Denys (great iOS dev), Eduardo (best team lead) and Dea (awesome PO) that can help you grow and the other way around!
- Keen eye on your career development and personal growth
- The freedom to make choices in our tech, roadmap and architecture
- Your fruit of labor will be used by many consumers and customers
- ...and... Who didn’t want to be a power ranger when they were young?
The tech we use
- Language: Kotlin, Java
- Distribution: Maven, Gradle, GitHub, Azure DevOps
- Frameworks: Google Vision Framework, NFC, OCR, Facial Detection, Firebase ML kit,
- Libraries: Coroutines (Kotlin), RxJava
- Unit testing: JUnit, Mockito, Espresso frameworks
- Methodology: Agile/Scrum, CI/CD,
- Also: Architecture patterns, MVVM, MVI, camera related technology, image analysis and processing
What do you bring?
- +4 years of experience as developer (mostly mobile)
- Great working knowledge on the more recent Kotlin versions and Android frameworks.
- Team player mentality. We are Power Rangers after all
- Great understanding about clean code and unit testing (very important to us)
- Nice to haves are:
- Understanding of computer vision techniques
- Background in Java
- Agile understanding and way of working
- Backend oriented attitude, since we work on an SDK, we almost have no UI work (apart from the demo app).
**We highly prefer people living in the Netherlands already. We will not relocate candidates for this position, and are only able to provide VISA support for those already in the Netherlands.**
What we offer
At Fourthline, we care about attracting and retaining the best people. We work with the most modern technology and...
- While the Power rangers worked for free, we will pay you a very good salary
- The chance to work in a multinational and rapidly growing scale-up that works with leading names in global finance
- 25 days of vacation to recharge your batteries
- A workplace in our beautiful new office right next to the beautiful Vondelpark in Amsterdam
- Daily catered, fresh and tasty lunch with your colleagues
- After work drinks in our very own bar on Fridays
- High degree of collaboration and autonomy
- Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team
- Flat structures and open communication
- Ping pong / darts / table football, because it is fun... not because it is cool to mention :)
"And just in case you didn't know what we meant with morphing"
Hope you liked to read this vacancy and still want to apply! We would love to talk to you (in person)!
If you do happen to have any questions send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.