We are hiring an Android Developer, to lead, develop and deliver the Company technology stack and platform components to enable accelerated development of our company, providing technical leadership and expertise from idea to exit. You will need to be passionate about creating clean, beautiful, well-crafted, maintainable code and have strong experience working on UI/UX and user-focussed design.
As our Android Developer, you will help Networkingup break new ground, create and test new concepts to accelerate our growth. You will play a leading role in establishing one of the most innovative business units within the corporation.
You will be part of a collaborative team of technical and design specialists, to develop the full technology stack for Networkingup, its activities and range of ventures. You’ll be involved across the innovation process, from idea to MVP, developing alpha and beta products and core components of our software architecture to make our operations run, run fast and constantly move forward to accommodate the range of ventures we develop.
You’ll need flexibility, adaptability and a healthy dose of pragmatism when providing expert support and advice to our ventures while never slowing things down. You will build strong relationships with technical partners as required to accelerate the growth of our ventures. You’ll provide a supportive environment for our technical talent that prizes innovation, continual personal improvement and effective product development methodologies.
You will distill technical ideas into simple effective plans, working closely with your team of developers, designers to drive their execution within the challenges of an agile startup environment. You will evolve our thinking, and help identify and develop our capabilities across the back-end, front-end, UX, as well as machine learning and optimization techniques.
You’ll have the chance to develop and define the requirements for the core platform, ensuring Networkingup is a business that is synonymous with technical excellence and innovation. The choice of technology or language is continually evolving and it’s up to you to shape and keep our activities at the forefront of technology.
What the role will have to deliver
Act as an Androïd Developer to support and help technical direction
- Build strong relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Lead development of Networkingup software architecture and tech stack
- Leverage emerging technologies and methodologies to enhance competitive advantage and improve product development efficiency.
Develop a strong and robust technology and DevOps culture within Networkingup and its projects
- Develop our core workflow, automation and user interfaces
- Conduct code reviews and specification conformance testing
Ensure development, design and user experience requirements that are defined
- Develop and maintain service design and UX standards
- Develop our information security plan to protect confidentiality, integrity of data and servers
- Establish a specification conformance and testing regimen based on user stories and UX design
Build a strong corporate culture
- Create a positive innovation culture and collaborative environment
- Forge close working relationships with our leadership team to meet the need of the organisation.
- Create and nurture a sense of ownership and commitment amongst the engineering team.
- Lead, mentor and develop others in the team and across the projects.
- Act as the technology training and learning hub/centre of excellence
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organisation of all technical staff
Skills & Requirements
Who we’re looking for
- Customer understanding first, blending a technical skill across the stack and design/user thinking
- Experience defining, developing and implementing major business systems. Able to launch systems with robustness, stability, scaling, and security considered.
- A pragmatist who can identify a solution to any problem and likes to be challenged to find them
- You should feel comfortable challenging why we do what we do, and how we do it
- Rigor and candor, bring best practice, operational process to facilitate our activities
- Can-do, positive attitude, proactive approach to problem solving
- Collaborative and non-hierarchical style of working
- Fluent in English, French or Spanish is recommended
- An ability to scale in a way that won’t quash our pace or entrepreneurial spirit
- Fun, social and energized
What type of background you’re from
- Start-up Android developer
- Corporate/Agile IT consulting
- Digital agency
- Released at least 4 to 5 apps on Google Play
What you will be able to demonstrate
- 3+ years of relevant experience, ideally inside a start-up
- Experience designing and directing the production of compelling and innovative digital experiences
- Broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product, lean start-up and conversion rates
- Experience working in an Agile and Lean design and development
- Strong degree in Computer Science or other related technical discipline
- Strong programming skills and a track record of making things happen
- A passion for building great software that will last (for a long time)
- Proven development of full stack applications, technical architecture design & development
- Proven understanding of OO programming or functional programming using JAVA
- Experience working with SQL (PostgreSQL or MySQL preferred), and NoSQL databases (Mongo etc.)
- Demonstrate RESTful APIs using JAVA
- Success in building operational/technical teams in a new business
- A natural ability to interface with customers, investors and at a corporate board level
Internet, Sports, and Information Technology and Services
The successful Android Developer will work directly with a Fullstack iOS Developer and make important decision regarding the technology stack, features and UI/UX design of both Android app and Back-End API. You will be passionate about creating clean, beautiful, well-crafted, maintainable code and have strong experience working on UI/UX and user-focussed design.
We're a new company and a growing team based between London, Barcelona and Lille. Working on a Sports Social Platform, we're passionate, hard-working and believe in what we do. We are building an inclusive culture to be prouf of : a place where everyone can contribute, make a real difference and enjoy what they do. We need everyone involved in creating that culture.
We're looking to attract and retain the brightest people to keep us moving forward. We're commited to nurturing our talents and ensuring the Networkingup team keeps learning, developing and honing their skills in a fast moving world.
We focus on personal development that is tailored to the individual.
Participation at envents, conferences, meetups, hackatons.
Networkingup offers a unique opportunity, comibining the best qualities of the startup and corporate worlds. We're an innovative company that deeply cares to provide a competitive package, that includes competitives salary and bonus, and a passionate belief in the importance of celebrating success.