BRING IT ON!
Last week our members collectively spent over 9000 hours hitting the gym, joining early morning bootcamps and swimming till they were dizzy. Not to mention, seriously heating up during hot yoga or getting a little too fanatic during a game of squash.
This is all via our online platform that allows users to quickly and easily search, plan and check-in at one of our 400+ connected locations. This is a great start, but our goal is to enable all fitness freaks in big European cities, to enjoy the best OneFit experience possible.
That’s why we need you to help us bring our Android app to the next
level in a technically, innovative and secure way; while aiming for
speedy and adaptive development. Our Android app is written entirely in
Java and the most common libraries are Dagger2, Realm and Retrofit.
Take responsibility for the Android app and make it the best, most user friendly app people have seen so far! The company just switched to mobile first so this means that you will take full responsibility for the technical architecture of the app and you will be actively involved in the products roadmap. We need you to:
- Take ownership over the most important part of the company’s technology
- Drive technical architecture decisions
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to ship new features
- Push new releases combining ‘prefect’ with ‘pragmatic.’ Well, you know what we mean right?
- Mentor junior developers in the future (we want to expand a lot!)
- Implementation of innovative ideas to challenge yourself and others
- Measure the success of (new) features and keep track of some statistics (Mixpanel, MySQL database)
- Maintain our crash free session rate (99,5%) and fix bugs pro active as well
- Always think about ways to improve the UX that helps us get better (in ratings for example)
What you bring to the table
You are familiar with most of the Android (Java) tech stack and are able to pick up a new stack very quickly. Therefore:
- You’ve built high quality mobile interfaces using modern technologies and practices
- You know great UX and visual design when you see it
- You’ve been part of a high-performing, autonomous Agile development team and you get a kick out of shipping new releases
- You like learning new skills and taking on tasks beyond your usual remit - maybe even some backend development tasks!
- You’re a good communicator, fun to work with and enjoy being part of a vocal, passionate team
- It would be nice if you’re active in the mobile development community, whether through blogs, meetups, personal projects or open source contribution.
Our offer to you
- A really nice salary that pays the bills, and then some...
- A role where you will have both freedom in your day to day work to try out your own ideas but also challenges to keep you learning.
- Lots of opportunity if you have a visionary nature. We are growing our service to the rest of Europe.
- And of course you get a complimentary OneFit membership. This is the best way to experience the product in order to continue building it.
- Continuous learning. Let us know what you need!