Perhaps you’ve heard of Moodle? We design and develop the world's most popular learning platform and we are on a mission to empower educators to improve our world.
If you are an app developer who just “gets it,” is inspired to create products we can all be proud of, loves learning and being challenged,all whilst having fun with your teammates as we advance our mission...then read on!
Find out about your new workplace...
Moodle is an award-winning international open-source software project. We create a powerful open-source online learning platform used in schools, higher education and workplaces globally.
Did you know that the Moodle platform is used by the United Nations, UK Government, US Defence Force, large universities like Open University, California State University and Universitat de Barcelona through to schools and businesses?
In fact we have over 150 million registered users and our platform is used in every country in the world.
Our team is mostly based in Perth, Australia and Barcelona, Spain. However, we have colleagues all over the world, including Belgium, England, Ireland, Canada, USA, The Netherlands, Czenchiac and Brazil.
We are a hard working team because we believe in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference in our world. When you join us, you will hear stories about how we are doing exactly that.
Lastly, we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace.
Find out more about us at https://moodle.com
What the role will look like…
Working with the Moodle Apps team, the role will utilise a scrum-based agile approach to deliver new releases of the Moodle App (and Moodle as applicable) which involves work ranging from fixing reported bugs to participating in the development of major new core features.
Most days can involve a mix of:
- Writing high quality code
- Reviewing code, investigating and resolving bugs
- Engaging with the wider Moodle developer community and promoting good practice
- Writing unit tests
- Participating in planning and design sessions (online and offline)
- Taking control of assigned projects on the Moodle roadmap
We'd love to meet you… Especially if you can talk to us about your:
- Experience with the development of exciting and innovative mobile or mobile first apps, preferably in a large-scale development environment
- Solid Ionic and Angular skills
- Strong understanding of databases and SQL
- Good knowledge of GIT
- Basic understanding of CI processes and tools (Travis, for example)
- Fantastic communication skills and passion for creating high quality products
- Being a strong team player who actively contributes to team goals and projects while also being able to work independently and take initiative
- Intermediate to advanced English skills.
Extra awesome if you can share your experience with:
- Hybrid apps development
- PHP knowledge
- Moodle knowledge (as user, teacher or admin)
What's in it for you?
Besides the obvious that we've mentioned - a workplace where we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace - what about:
- a competitive salary
- gaining new skills by learning from highly skilled peers
- opportunity to travel
- flexibility to work in other parts of the world
- ability to work on challenging & internationally recognised projects
- the knowledge you are helping millions of people reach their goals
Does this all sound good? If yes…
- Click on the "apply" button now or follow this link: https://workable.com/j/4FBE63F09B
- Add a cover letter, resume and anything else you'd like to add… in ENGLISH
- Press send
No recruitment agencies please.