Snips is a voice platform for connected devices. It enables makers and companies to add a voice assistant to their products.
Created in 2013, the vision behind Snips has been to put an AI assistant in every device, making technology so intuitive that it disappears into the background.
What makes Snips unique is that everything runs locally on the device the user is speaking to, meaning no data ever gets sent to the cloud. This guarantees Privacy by Design and resilience to internet outages, making Snips the first ever voice technology to be GDPR compliant.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and consider every profile equally. We are also family friendly, and welcome parents, young parents and future parents!
What you will do
Snips is looking for a Data Engineer to join our team in Paris.
You will be a central part of the machine learning team, in charge of
- Constituting, organising and maintaining a large database to make the training of ML algorithms more efficient
- Improving and automating our training and inference pipelines to make them more efficient and resilient
- Working closely with our data scientists to implement tools and experiment with a variety of cutting edge algorithms. This may include optimising low-level C++ code, e.g. for low-precision linear algebra.
English is the official language of the company, as we have over 12 different nationalities, so don't worry if you don't speak French!
On top of a competitive salary, we offer many perks including relocation assistance and VISA sponsorships, laptops, makers kits, language classes, sports classes, full health insurance, a transport card and free lunches!
What we are looking for
- 2 years of relevant work experience, including software development experience in production environment
- Experience handling large datasets and automating their updates
- Large experience working with Python, developing, testing and deploying applications on AWS and Google Cloud
The following skills are a plus:
- Experience with development of deep learning applications.
- Experience in speech recognition, wake word detection.
- Experience with Rust, Scala.
- application form
- challenge at home
- technical interview
- onsite trial
- Contract type: Full-Time
- Location: Paris, France (75002)
- Salary: between 40000€ and 70000€ / year